cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using STMCubeIDE. I have tried to move the workspace to a different (physical, not network) drive, but STMCubeIDE apparently cannot handle that. It reports "Unable to access" type problems. Any thoughts?,

BJohn.6
Associate II

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @BJohn.6​ it may be because you don't the write access on that drive.

Try right click on the go to properties and general tab untick the Read-only attribute and click apply and ok.

May, be this resolve your issue. Or you can provide more detail about your issue by taking the snapshot of error.

Saurabh

This is my personal computer, not an employers. There are no read-only drives. I have tried two different drives, including the D: drive where I am doing the project development (not in the workspace). I have no problem with the actual development, It is just when I close Cube, it complains about not being able to update the workspace, (but not if it is in the C drive mess). I basically want nothing on the C drive, because I don't want to churn the SSD. The Cube complaint is apparently bogus, because I can update the tree manually. In fact, I copied it from the C: drive before I switched to it.

Try to create a new workspace on D: and import the project into that.

Not sure if moving the .metadata to a different drive is warranted to work.

Of course, ensure that there are no spaces or funny characters in the path.

I had done that previously. Nothing makes anything work. I think there is an implicit assumption that anything other than the C drive is a network drive, and it does something that does not work on a local drive. I have a hard time believing that the corporate world does not routinely put workspaces on the network for the usual reason.

Paul1
Lead

Does the project have any "absolute paths" to includes, etc?

Change these to relative paths before moving project.

If uncertain, create a new project in new location, and look at its "includes" paths, etc.

(Backup/Zip the working project before doing anything else)

Paul

No. It is a simple test build anyway, and as I said before, the builld directory is not inside the repository anyway. I never do that. There is no problem with doing a build, the only problem is just Cube trying to update something in the repository. Personally, I despise the workspace concept, because it seriously complicates archival purposes to have a project split between two areas.

I had once also such a problem. The reason was not read only of the drive but the read only flag of a directory above was set to readonly somehow.

Especially in the case of the D: drive, I would long ago have noticed that issue. That is where I do most things, including email. Anyway, each case, I tried to put the workapce tree at the drive root level (except the one in C:users..., of course.

Error while parsing Rich Text Content