cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate two STM32CubeIDE demo projects into one?

repairman
Associate II

I am working with the STM32F769I evaluation kit and I would like to integrate the CAN Networking demo and the FATFS SD Card demos into one project so that I can write CAN data to an SD Card. Each project has it's own includes and .ioc pin assignments. How can I integrate these two into one project to flash to my device? Eventually, I'd like to do this in a real-time Task on FreeRTOS.

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

There is no automated "Combine two IOC files" or "Combine two projects" functionality available. You'll need to start with one, then add the pin assignments from the other and merge the code.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks TDK. As for the includes, there are a ton and they are different between the two projects. Do you have any advice on how to merge the two efficiently?

I would merge the directory structure and add any missing include directories to the include file search path. Do the same with the source files.
You should be able to copy them within the IDE by dragging the folder(s) they're in, telling it to copy/duplicate files rather than simply link to them.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank you!