cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to perform local copy

PeterL
Associate III

I installed STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0 on Ubuntu 20.04.

When trying to create new STM32 project by selecting 'Tx_CMSIS_Wrapper' for 'STM32F469I-DISCO' it seems to download everything needed but fail with message as subject line.

9 REPLIES 9
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @PeterL 

First let me thank you for posting.

Could you please be more explicit in the description of the scenario which have let to this error.

Also, could you provide screenshots showing the problem, this would be very helpful analyzing the issue.

KR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

PeterL
Associate III

Hi

Scenario as per ST manual ch 2.

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

 Let me know it I am too vague about this problem still.

PeterL
Associate III

@Semer CHERNI are you able to reproduce?

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @PeterL 

Sorry for the late repl.
Yes I was able to reproduce this behavior and the issue is raised internally for investigation (169396 this is an internal ticket number).

In the mean while, I advise you either to use the example selector with STM32CubeMX as standalone application, or import the project from it's location manually.

KR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Oskar_H
Senior

Hello PeterL,

in your specific case the example copy fails because of the following missing files  :

• pdm2pcm_glo.h
  • font8.c, font12.c, font16.c, font20.c, font24.c
  • fonts.h

But the example copy is not in cause here : these files are used in the example sources, unfortunately they don't exist in the X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4 pack version 1.1.0 !

And do you know why they don't exist ? Because these packs are missing entire directories to make several examples work, such as Utilities and Middlewares/ST/STM32_Audio !

In fact almost all X-CUBE-AZRTOS packs are broken the same way (F4, F7, G0, H7, WB), from what I have quickly checked.

Here is a dirty workaround you can try at your own risk (do a backup before) :

copy recursively the contents of STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.28.0/Middlewares/ST/STM32_Audio to X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4/1.1.0/Middlewares/ST/STM32_Audio

copy recursively the contents of STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.28.0/Utilities to X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4/1.1.0/Utilities

Re-install the example Tx_CMSIS_Wrapper for STM32F469I-DISCO from the updated X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4 pack, then the copy should work, and most of all, the project should compile without error/warning !

That is unfortunately the price to pay when working with X-CUBE-AZRTOS packs: they are missing a lot of header files.

On top of that, when you start playing with more examples from X-CUBE packs or even FW packs, a lot of them are just unusable because of the same kind of errors: a lot of header files are missing, or they are mixing the MCU series (for example a few X-CUBE-AZRTOS-H7 examples use F4, F7, L4 header files..., a few STM32_FW_U5 examples use F4, F7, G0, H7, L4, L5 header files...). It seems like most of these packs are assembled by big bunch of copy/paste without check for consistency across series...

@Semer CHERNIcan you do something to get it fixed soon ?

Oskar_H
Senior

Please someone at ST can confirm the issues in the X-CUBE-AZRTOS packs mentionned above will be fixed ?

Oskar_H
Senior

No news ??

Hello,

For the import issue mentioned originally by @PeterL , our teams are trying to implement a fix from to CubeIDE.

However, I am not able to answer you about packs issue and the best way to get an answer is to post you question in the EmbSW forum .

KR,
Semer.

Thanks @Semer CHERNI 

I have logged a new post here.