cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ethernet cannot ping but dhcp assigned an address

cleonb322
Associate III

I have a custom board that used to work with an older version of CubeMx-generated code, but with recent changes, my board no longer works. 

I made modifications in ethernetif.c to accommodate the known bug. but the board no longer responds to ping from a workstation. 

In my ethernetif.c files I am hitting breakpoints in HAL_ETH_RxCpltCallback when trying to ping and I am hitting breakpoints in HAL_ETH_TxCpltCallback when trying to send data with HAL_ETH_Transmit_IT(&heth, &TxConfig). I think this may not be an actual code issue, but a configuration one.

Has anyone had a similar issue where you get assigned an IP address (DHCP) but cannot ping it?

4 REPLIES 4
STM32_ZA
ST Employee

Hi,

If you are using STM32H7 device, the Ethernet DMA will not be able to access to the DTCM/ITCM memories (@0x20000000), so you need to use a non TCM SRAM. (for example : D1 AXI-SRAM @ 0x24000000)

Regards

no, I am using STM32F767BIT6. The strange thing is: that it works with an earlier version of CubeMx, but I also made changes in other parts of the code (nothing that should affect the ethernet).

Can you share the old ethernetif.c file

ethernetif is attached to the original message; ethernetif.c is the same between the 2 versions.