cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when building X-nucleo-IHM11M1 (motor controller board for STM32-F401RE) demo software in CubeIDE.

JLusk.1
Associate

Import seems to be successful but the build configuration seems to be faulty. The error I get is

"Errors occurred during the build.

Errors running builder 'CDT Builder' on project 'STM32F401RE-Nucleo Configuration'.

Internal error building project STM32F401RE-Nucleo Configuration configuration Debug

java.lang.NullPointerException

Internal error building project STM32F401RE-Nucleo Configuration configuration Debug

java.lang.NullPointerException"

In the build menu the following error is displayed.

0693W00000HqEwkQAF.pngIs there any fix for this or am I missing something obvious?

3 REPLIES 3
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @JLusk.1​ 

I have moved your question in "Motor Control HW" topic.

Best regards

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @JLusk.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Try to copy the attached project in this folder: ...\Projects\Multi\Applications\MotorControl

where you have the project of all the other IDEs

Let me know if this solve the error

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
JLusk.1
Associate

Hi, thanks for the reply.

There now are significantly fewer errors but there is still one instance where a file cannot be found, I don't know if it might be my specific install of stm32CubeIDE but in any case it cannot complete the build.

The error message is as follows:

make: *** No rule to make target '/.../STM32CubeExpansion_SPN11_V1.0.0/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f4xx_hal_mmc.c', needed by 'Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32f4xx_hal_mmc.o'. Stop.

"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.