cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP library (e.g., arm_rfft_fast_f32) not available in an H7 project

BobWalance
Associate III

I'm using an STM32H747i-DISCO board with CubeIDE v1.13.2.

My first clue that the ARM DSP library wasn't loaded was when the #include "arm_math.h" file wasn't found. It is not in any of this project's folders. I did manually copy the file into the project and the compiler now sees it.

However, the ARM DSP functions can't be found. The include paths are correct - at least when compared to a different project where the ARM DSP functions are working properly. Also, I do not see anything in the IOC's Pinout & Configuration or Software Packs relating to DSP.

There are a lot of posts here that describe how to add the ARM DSP library to a given project, but depending on the vintage of the post and the version of CubeIDE, this procedure varies a lot.

For CubeIDE v1.13.2, what is the procedure for adding the ARM DSP library?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BobWalance
Associate III

I was able to add the 'libarm_cortexM7lfsp_math.a' library per this post:

Configuring DSP libraries on STM32CubeIDE - STMicroelectronics Community

It would be nice if CubeIDE would allow for adding the FFT and other DSP functions easily. I'm surprised that there isn't a mechanism for this (or at least I couldn't find it).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Piranha
Chief II

Developers don't need daddy to repack the publicly available code for them, often add something broken and make it harder to use. One can just take the library from the developer and use it without added idiosyncrasies.

https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS-DSP

Yes, @Piranha. I agree with you - especially when it's broken. It's nice to have the source code. Hopefully it's not broken, too. Thanks.

BobWalance
Associate III

I was able to add the 'libarm_cortexM7lfsp_math.a' library per this post:

Configuring DSP libraries on STM32CubeIDE - STMicroelectronics Community

It would be nice if CubeIDE would allow for adding the FFT and other DSP functions easily. I'm surprised that there isn't a mechanism for this (or at least I couldn't find it).

In general ARM code is pretty decent. But, even when it isn't, one can actually report issues and they will fix those. They have a people with brain there, not like other companies, who hire incompetent fools for software teams...