cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display source by double clicking on console error message produced by an external tool

dave2012
Associate III

I'm running PC-Lint as an external tool with the results going an output console. I'd like to be able to double click on a PC-Lint error message in the console and have the appropriate source file / line displayed as per compiler errors. I have PC-Lint error messages formatted the same as complier errors but the IDE ignores double clicks on these messages.

Is there any way to configure CubeIDE to get the desired behaviour ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello!

This isn't really my area of expertise so if anyone in the community knows more about this feel free to answer.

I believe there are some plugins available for purchase that might work, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Another "dirty hack" you could use is to start lint in conjunction with the build process. The output from lint would then be displayed in the "Build console" and it should be able to handle the the double click linking that you mentioned.

Or possibly start lint as a pre-build step or create a build configuration that launches lint instead of make.

I asked one of the developers that mentioned that he did something like what I link here. (External link to dzone.com)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello!

This isn't really my area of expertise so if anyone in the community knows more about this feel free to answer.

I believe there are some plugins available for purchase that might work, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Another "dirty hack" you could use is to start lint in conjunction with the build process. The output from lint would then be displayed in the "Build console" and it should be able to handle the the double click linking that you mentioned.

Or possibly start lint as a pre-build step or create a build configuration that launches lint instead of make.

I asked one of the developers that mentioned that he did something like what I link here. (External link to dzone.com)

dave2012
Associate III

Markus

That's perfect! Actually just putting Lint as a pre-build step redirects Lint messages to the build console where I can double click to see the offending source line. Just what I needed.

Many thanks

Dave