cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube IDE Bug: Specified include directories are not included in generated C-compile command line

Bug: Generated C-compile command line is missing all but first specified include directories.

STM32CubeIDE_1.9.0 on Windows 10.

Here's where I entered the include directories (using workspace paths to the directories visible in the project):

0693W00000QKt4vQAD.png 

If I look at the compiler settings they are reflected correctly:

0693W00000QKt50QAD.pngBut, the generated command line contains only the first of the listed include directories:

0693W00000QKt5FQAT.png 

Same thing when I try to build; here's the first build command:

arm-none-eabi-gcc "C:/git/AA/ATD57/src/Tests/BaroCalib/ADBaroCalib.c" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DSTM32F4XX -DSTM32F40XX -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -DBA_BL_2_X -DBA_STANDALONE_APPLICATION -DBA_DEVICE_AD57 -DSTM32_UART1_DMA -DSTM32_UART3_DMA -DDEBUG -c -I"C:/git/AA/ATD57/CubeMX_Project/src" -Ofast -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"src/Tests/BaroCalib/ADBaroCalib.d" -MT"src/Tests/BaroCalib/ADBaroCalib.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "src/Tests/BaroCalib/ADBaroCalib.o"

Background

In a project using linked resources, it seems to be impossible to use the linked resource paths from the project in the C include directory entries. So I created workspace paths for the include directories (which in turn depend on the project linkage). All the files in the project are visible and accessible - just cannot get a correct command line for builds.

Any idea what's going on?

I've attached a ZIP with the .project and .cproject if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Best Regards, Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Hmm... strange. I use linked resources a lot (though not workspace paths) and never seen such behavior. In the project explorer view, can you see all these include directories resolved?

Everything is visible and accessible in the project view - everything looks fine except building omits everything but the first...