cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the 1.11 update, text is no longer coloured

luke514
Senior

I've just updated STM32CubeIDE to version 1.11 and the labels are no longer coloured (green comments, purple "void" etc.) and I can't even find the hammer-shaped "build" button at the top to check if the code is working.

By the way, during installation of the update (performed by clicking 'help'-'about stm32' - 'installation details' - 'update') a pop-up appeared warning me that some installation files had an unknown source and asking me whether to proceed or not

0693W00000WKa89QAD.png 

Furthermore, I can no longer even create a project as I have always done with previous versions 'file'-'new'-'project' creates a simple empty folder without even allowing me to select the MCU etc. 

4 REPLIES 4
APagl
Associate II

I have the same problem. I just updated with 1.11. Not only are color configurations gone, but so is everything that has to do with building. A project that was happy before the update (and has been fine for many, many months) now is no longer.

Preferences->Builders has nothing but a request to configure the builders:

Missing builder (org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.genmakebuilder)

Missing builder (org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ScannerConfigBuilder)

Furthermore, project natures are gone, run/debug settings and gone.

Since "reverting" to 1.10 didn't work. I reinstalled from scratch (rather than simply updating) 1.11. Same unusable state.

I don't have any real clue how to fix this.

luke514
Senior

I have saved all the projects I had in my workspace on my desktop and I am ready to uninstall.

If I reinstall from scratch, do I also have to re-import all the projects I had in my workspace?

Or can I select the same folder as my workspace that I had before so that I already have all the projects in STM32CubeIDE?

APagl
Associate II

luke514 : I'm afraid I have no real answers for you.... I just jumped on this thread to say I'm having the same, or related, or worse problem. Since no Preference-related information is attached to my projects, I cannot build, my projects don't even have any "natures", etc. I am completely blocked from working.

I tried a complete reinstall. I re-imported all my projects from the same directories where they lived before. Still, no ability to configure, build, etc.

I hope you have more luck with a reinstall...

I have created a support ticket with ST and am waiting for a response.

luke514
Senior

My guess is that during the uninstallation process not all files were completely deleted from your computer and something remained that could still give you this problem.

In general, it often happens that you uninstall programmes but still find files related to them scattered around your computer.

I will also try uninstalling and see what happens. If you can find the solution, don't hesitate to post it here.

Thanks!