cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I use bitbake PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/dev' error occurs

Gencay
Associate III

I've changed the ownership of the /usr/lib/python3.8 file from root to <myname> but did not solved the problem. Here is the whole error:

ERROR: Command execution failed: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/gencay/STM32MPU_workspace/openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.06.15/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py", line 126, in runAsyncCommand

commandmethod(self.cmds_async, self, options)

File "/home/gencay/STM32MPU_workspace/openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.06.15/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py", line 607, in buildTargets

command.cooker.buildTargets(pkgs_to_build, task)

File "/home/gencay/STM32MPU_workspace/openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.06.15/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 1581, in buildTargets

rq = bb.runqueue.RunQueue(self, self.data, self.recipecaches, taskdata, runlist)

File "/home/gencay/STM32MPU_workspace/openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.06.15/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/runqueue.py", line 1229, in __init__

self.dm = monitordisk.diskMonitor(cfgData)

File "/home/gencay/STM32MPU_workspace/openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.06.15/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/monitordisk.py", line 176, in __init__

self.devDict = getDiskData(BBDirs)

File "/home/gencay/STM32MPU_workspace/openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.06.15/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/monitordisk.py", line 121, in getDiskData

bb.utils.mkdirhier(path)

File "/home/gencay/STM32MPU_workspace/openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.06.15/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/utils.py", line 740, in mkdirhier

raise e

File "/home/gencay/STM32MPU_workspace/openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.06.15/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/utils.py", line 737, in mkdirhier

os.makedirs(directory)

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/os.py", line 213, in makedirs

makedirs(head, exist_ok=exist_ok)

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/os.py", line 223, in makedirs

mkdir(name, mode)

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/dev'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gencay
Associate III

My problem was misconfigurations of my download, sstate-cache and tmp directories at the local.conf file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @Gencay​ ,

Please can you send me the command line that you are trying to use?

On which Operating System are you? Can you make a "lsb_release -a" and send me the result.

Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Gencay
Associate III

Distributor ID:   Ubuntu

Description:   Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

Release:   20.04

Codename:   focal

the command line I am using is bitbake st-image-core

Gencay
Associate III

My problem was misconfigurations of my download, sstate-cache and tmp directories at the local.conf file.