cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE on Windows 7

techdesk
Associate III

Hello
I tried everything but I cannot get STM32CubeIDE to get the editor to work.
I just keep on getting this message: There is no active editor that provides an outline.
I spent hours re-installing but nothing worked
All help will be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe try old version - afair i had  CubeIDE v1.10.0  installed on Win7 .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

On which platform?

Which CubeIDE version?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AScha.3
Chief II

Sorry about that:
On Windows 7

STM32CubeIDE

Version: 1.14.1

Build: 20064_20240111_1413 (UTC)

Yes I have read much documentation. I am well aware of many installation procedures.
Also, I am a Delphi/CC+ programmer so I am quite familiar with may buggy software issues .
But this issue I just cant get around. 
If there had to be a source path to the eclipse editor that would help

Ok, you didnt write this. 🙂

I had similar effect, when installing (from eclipse marketplace) a "Java editor tool" - complete destroyed IDE, no mre capable to edit C or C++ , telling me same "There is no active editor that provides an outline".

(I have IDE v. 1.13.1 running on win7, win10 and here on my old Linux MX18 PC .)

So you installed IDE, set a workspace and then try menu: file->new-> STM32 project ?

And this NOT working ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Windows 7 :(  there were days, it was cool and supported - but no longer.

Tried everything. No luck.
"There is no active editor that provides an outline" If only there could be some pointer to this message. 
And what does it mean by "active editor"?
Programmers know the advantage of Win7.
Win10 is far too intimidating. "Full of fury, signifying nothing ...".

Unfortunately, STM32CubeIDE/STM32CubeMx are only supported by Windows 10/11.

Same issue raised in this thread.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Then Keil is your IDE. Maybe IAR as well. Maybe, Visual GDB for older versions of Visual Studio.