cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable GIC interrupts in stm32mp157a

srikanth
Associate III

We are using Stm32mp157A .We Want to generate Interupts in Core0.For this we are using System timer Generator .We enable STGN and loaded Frequency value(STGN_CNTFID0),STGENC_CNTCV is increamenting . But we are not getting interrupts.

We configure GIC registers Also.

Please help in this regards.

7 REPLIES 7

For distinguish problem - tray to use SecurePhysicalTimer. PL1_*** are CMSIS functions.

static uint_fast32_t gtimloadvalue;

void
	SecurePhysicalTimer_IRQHandler(void)
	{
		//IRQ_ClearPending (SecurePhysicalTimer_IRQn);
		PL1_SetLoadValue(gtimloadvalue);

spool_systimerbundle1();	// При возможно�?ти вызывают�?�? �?только раз, �?колько произошло таймерных прерываний.
		spool_systimerbundle2();	// Е�?ли пропущены прерывани�?, компен�?ировать дополнительными вызовами нет �?мы�?ла.
	}
	// Prepare funcionality: use CNTP
	const uint_fast32_t gtimfreq = stm32mp1_get_hsi_freq();

PL1_SetCounterFrequency(gtimfreq);	// CNTFRQ

gtimloadvalue = calcdivround2(gtimfreq, ticksfreq) - 1;
	// Private timer use
	// Disable Private Timer and set load value
	PL1_SetControl(PL1_GetControl() & ~ 0x01);	// CNTP_CTL
	PL1_SetLoadValue(gtimloadvalue);	// CNTP_TVAL
	// Enable timer control
	PL1_SetControl(PL1_GetControl() | 0x01);

arm_hardware_set_handler_system(SecurePhysicalTimer_IRQn, SecurePhysicalTimer_IRQHandler);

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

STGEN does not directly generate interrupts, it only provide a 64-bit counter bus to ARM Generic Timer (which embed in Cortex-A7 as well as the GIC).

As I understood your are not using ST SW deliveries and doing bare-metal programming, I recommend that you read some ARM related documentation.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
srikanth
Associate III

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, We are developing the bare metal programming . I enabled STGN, its counter value is getting incrementing but i want to control the speed of that counter . if i change frequency in STGN frequency register its not changing the counters value increasing speed . Means i am unable to control the speed of the counter . For this what may be the reason .

Hi,

STGEN count frequency if fixed, it depend on RCC and can be either HSI or HSE.

The 'frequency' register in STGEN is only to inform system SW of the STGEN root frequency (e.g. set to 0x016E3600 for 24MHz) which will help to compute the ARM Generic Timer registers to get desired frequencies. I think it's use is optional.

As per ARM Architecture Reference Manual requirement, STGEN only provide time reference to ARM Generic Timers. If you want to change the frequency of interrupt occurring inside Cortex-A7 subsystem on GIC PPI (Hypervisor, Virtual, Secure physical or Non-Secure physical timer), you need to change the ARM Generic Timer settings.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
srikanth
Associate III

Hi,

Thank you for the reply please can you provide the any bare metal example for the timer with interrupt . its very much help full for the cortex A7 (STM32MP157)

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

Bare-Metal support is not provided for STM32MP15 Cortex-A7, there is maybe 3rd party who can provide Bare-Metal implementation.

Anyway, you could probably found many useful pieces of code in TF-A sources (https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/arm-trusted-firmware) which come mostly from ARM (especially for the portion related to Cortex-A7, GIC and Generic Timers which are not SoC dependent).

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'