cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When updating from arm-trusted-firmware-v2.4-stm32mp-r1 to arm-trusted-firmware-v2.4-stm32mp-r2 I get PANIC on UART

cfilipescu
Senior

I didn't change anything in the device tree just compiled the arm-trusted-firmware-v2.4-stm32mp-r2 instead of arm-trusted-firmware-v2.4-stm32mp-r1 and I get the following on UART:

PANIC at PC : 0x2ffcfd2b

What is different between the two versions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bernard PUEL
ST Employee

You can do this simple test:

in tf-a dts (only in tf-a), remove this line: vmmc-supply = <&v3v3>;

It will remove the switch off/on of buck4 during sdmmc init.

Please let me know if it can solve the issue on your board. Dev team is thinking about a better correction .....

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @cfilipescu​ ,

I understand you are migrating from ecosystem V3.0 to V3.1.

Did you also update FIP (ssbl) accordingly ?

Could you please share the complete boot traces ?

Are you on ST board or custom board?

thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Community member​.

I am trying to update to V3.1, and yes it is a custom board, however, it is very similar to stm32mp157c-dk2.

I did not do anything to the FIP (ssbl). I am using buildroot (with the STM repos) to build the sdimage, so I might need to figure out how to do so.

There is nothing else to share "PANIC at PC : 0x2ffcfd2b" is the only thing coming through the UART.

Regards,

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @cfilipescu​ ,

How did you manage the dts ?

Did you simply reuse the same or did you generate new one from CubeMX ?

Panic a early stage may come from problem in Clock configuration. eg HSE.

Can you double check ?

Else I'm not buildroot expert and I cannot help much how to generate BSP using this env.

But for a kind of bring-up Developer package can be simpler to use.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Hi Oliver,
I manage the dts using cubemx/cubeIDE and I did regenerate the dts. I will have to double check. Last time I had this issue I had to create a new project and diff the dts files for any difference.
Regards,

Hi @cfilipescu​ ,

Yes, keep in mind that CubeMX generate up and running dts only for board project ( EV1, DK2)

For custom board project you have to carefuly fill the user section taking reference from ST board and adapting to you specific hardware.

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

@Community member​ 

I understand the user section is unique, but they must be correct since they worked with arm-trusted-firmware-v2.4-stm32mp-r1, or am I misunderstanding?

As for the clocks, they are the same as before and they worked so why would they stop working?

cfilipescu
Senior

I compared the dts vs stm32mp157d-dk1 autogenerate files in cubeMX and updated a few things and now I get the following:

NOTICE: CPU: STM32MP153AAC Rev.B

NOTICE: Model: STMicroelectronics custom STM32CubeMX board - openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17

ERROR:  CMD13 failed after 5 retries

ERROR:  SDMMC1 init failed

PANIC at PC : 0x2ffc9afd

The updated dts files still work with arm-trusted-firmware-v2.4-stm32mp-r1 as a sanity check

cfilipescu
Senior

some more background information, I am building the arm-trusted-firmware with STM32MP_USE_STM32IMAGE=1 as a compile flag. Could this be the problem?

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @cfilipescu​ ,

Don't know if it's the problem but good information.

You are working with the so call "legacy" BSP partitioning without FIP which is the default from DV3.0.

In both case did you properly follow the guideline here :

How to cross-compile with the Developer Package - stm32mpu

( pay attention to click on [expand] section )

0693W00000HpKbwQAF.pngThanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN