cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using QSPI and MDMA on the Cortex-M4

Kvan .21
Associate

Hi,

we are working on a sensor data reading application based on your logic analyzer example project. But in our use case the data are sampled on a FPGA connected via QSPI. We have hard realtime requirements (far below 1ms) of reading the data and transferring them to the DDR RAM, so that we cannot use the A7 & Linux (we tried already).

I am now trying to get the QSPI working together with the MDMA controller from the M4 to transfer the data to the DDR RAM (or the internal SRAM as 2nd option). But I could not find any example source code. Could you provide an example project or code snippet which shows how to set this thing up? Or is it generally not intended or possible to setup MDMA transfers from the M4?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Karsten

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

as stated in https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/MDMA_internal_peripheral#Overview, the MDMA is assigned to Linux and cannot be (even partly) assigned to Cortex-M4.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Kvan .21
Associate

Hi,

thank you for your quick reply. Maybe it would then be a good idea to remove the MDMA-Driver from the

CubeMX-Package for the Cortex-M4 of the MP1.

Are there other opportunities to get the Data (controlled by the M4) from the QSPI with DMA support to the internal memories?

For example, looking at the AXI and AHB Bus matrices, I am quite unsure whether I am reading them correctly.

Is it possible to use DMA1 or DMA2 to transfer data from QSPI to either the DDR-RAM or the internal SRAM?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,

Karsten