cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select.h is missing from stLinux. How best to add missing header files ?

DYenEmbedded
Associate III

3 REPLIES 3
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @DYenEmbedded​ ,

We will need more context concerning your issue.

Header files are only used during compilation (or cross compilation in your case), and are so not needed on the target. It is so like an "helper" for the compilation to say that this function exist and can be linked after the compilation.

When you work with OpenSTLinux, and when you try to cross compile an application, all the headers are provided by the SDK, the tool that you need to compile your app.

If you compile another software that does not come from ST, the needed headers are so outside of the SDK and you have to manage it yourself through putting them inside your source folder / header folder, and indicate their path into Makefile options.

That was to remind the basics. In your case, select.h is well inside the SDK, so you should not have issue with using the header. Please be sure that you well sourced your environment as mentioned in this article.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
DYenEmbedded
Associate III

Erwan, I needed to add include path to Makefile:

CFLAGS += -Wall -I $(SDKTARGETSYSROOT)/usr/include

This also led me to boost directory. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Hi @DYenEmbedded​ ,

Glad to see that you solved your issue.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.