cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to assign DMA1 and DMA2 to Cortex M4 core in STM32MP1?

Faust
Associate II

There seems to be an option to change assignment in STM32CubeIDE (in .ioc file), but DMA1 is assigned to A7 and DMA2 is assigned to M4 and the another core is always greyed out. Is it possible to unlock those settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Faust​ ,

Indeed CubeMX integrate the restriction to force at least one DMA instance on Linux side.

It's very unusual to not benefit of DMA performance and service on Linux side for any peripherals.

If you assume consequence to not have DMA on Linux side and allocate both on M4 side then you can do it by editing the DTS.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Faust​ ,

Indeed CubeMX integrate the restriction to force at least one DMA instance on Linux side.

It's very unusual to not benefit of DMA performance and service on Linux side for any peripherals.

If you assume consequence to not have DMA on Linux side and allocate both on M4 side then you can do it by editing the DTS.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Olivier,

thank you for your answer.

The DMA distribution wasn't clear for me. I thought that MDMA is all Linux side needs.

I'll leave it as it is 🙂

Thanks once again.