cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting failure while compiling qtwebkit for Yocto

gokhannsahin
Associate II

Hi,

I want to generate a new distro for MP1 with distribution package and qt-examples. I downloaded all of the packages via fetchall command to avoid getting an internet connection error during generating. After that, I have tried to generate an image including qt examles. However, it wasn't completed for 2 days(it didn't compile qtwebkit for 2 days). I then have cleaned qtwebkit with "bitbake -c clean qtwebkit" command and tried compile only it(bitbake qtwebkit) but get an error is error 1 again. Why does it compile? And, how can I disable it from the image?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @gokhannsahin​ 

Sorry, actually it's a know issue !

Flashlayout file for Qt image needs to be modified (rootfs is 1,1GB and the default one is for Weston image (768 MB).

Offset for userfs has to be shift.

Just tested with success this :

P            0x24      userfs  FileSystem         mmc0   0x47754400        st-image-userfs-openstlinux-eglfs-stm32mp1.ext4

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi

Could you have a look to this post which look similar ?

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AVSWK1SQP/what-is-the-process-for-initializing-the-openembedded-build-environment-stexampleimageqt

Guess you will find some answer

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you @Community member​ , it works with bitbake -k command. 

However, I have another problem with programming via CubeProgrammer. After generated, there are only "sdcard and deleteall" tsv files in the layout folder. However, while downloading sdcard.tsv to MP1 via CubeProgrammer, it gives always an error "Request would exceed designated area!". Why does it give this error? Also, I want to download the image to emmc, but there is no in the folder, how can I generate it? The machine and image has been initialized as follows commands;

DISTRO=openstlinux-eglfs MACHINE=stm32mp1-eval source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

bitbake st-example-image-qt

Hi @gokhannsahin​ 

Good to know you finally succeed to build.

To speed up the build and generate a lighter image you can have a look to ./meta-st/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-samples/images/st-example-image-qt.bb and remove some add-ons, such as qtwebkit and qtwebkit-examples , you may consider as useless.

For "Request would exceed designated area!" my first assumption would be that you use a SDCard too small for the image. What's you SDcard size ?

You don't have emmc flashlayout because you are using MACHINE=stm32mp1-eval .

uncomment the line here to enable emmc for this machine :

layers/meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/conf/machine/stm32mp1-eval.conf:#FLASHLAYOUT_CONFIG_LABELS += "emmc"

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Hi @Community member​ ,

SDcard size is 16GB, isn't it enough?

Hi @gokhannsahin​ 

16GB is far enough ...

Can you please share more detail about the error ?

When do it happens during flash operation exactly ?

Are you using STM32CubeProgrammer with GUI or CLI ?

Can you share UART console trace coming from the target during flash operation ?

Thx

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Hi @gokhannsahin​ 

Sorry, actually it's a know issue !

Flashlayout file for Qt image needs to be modified (rootfs is 1,1GB and the default one is for Weston image (768 MB).

Offset for userfs has to be shift.

Just tested with success this :

P            0x24      userfs  FileSystem         mmc0   0x47754400        st-image-userfs-openstlinux-eglfs-stm32mp1.ext4

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
gokhannsahin
Associate II

Hi @Community member​ 

Thank you very much. It works after modified the offset.

Hi @Community member​ 

Thank you very much. It works after modified the offset.

ARehm
Associate III

Hi, I changed the offset for userfs to 0x47754400 and now giving me these errors please help me. Thanks

16:05:19 : Start operation done successfully at partition 0x22

16:05:19 : Memory Programming ...

16:05:19 : Opening and parsing file: st-image-weston-openstlinux-weston-stm32mp1.ext4

16:05:19 : Error: Error while reading the file

16:05:19 : Error: Download partition 0x23 failed

16:05:20 : Error: TSV flashing service failed