cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP15 ECO 5.0.0. Documentation does not provide a information how to create a new FIP

debugging
Lead

As in a different post, The TF-A build did not create the FIP binaries after deleting the FIP build folder.

This article does not describe how to create a new FIP binary. only how to update. very confusing !

The fiptool does provide a create function but its not listed as one the options in this page: very confusing !

How to configure TF-A

How to use the "Create" option ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
debugging
Lead

Just use the FIP command to build the FIP.bin even it does not exists. works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @debugging ,
You are right, we have no complementary explanation for fiptool create command, aside of the fiptool help.

To use it, you just have to do:
fiptool create <name_of_fip>

Then, use fiptool update command to add the different binaries inside, following the article you mentioned.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks, this question was raised because the issue I have with the TF-A not creating the fip binaries, so I wonder how to do it manually, but the docs did not define it.

@debugging ,
I understand. If my previous comment answered your question, please do not hesitate to close this topic with "accepted solution".

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
debugging
Lead

Just use the FIP command to build the FIP.bin even it does not exists. works.