cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,i am a beginner in MPU development. I have created cortex-M4 firmware project using stm32cubeide , but how can i start my firmware at the time of bootup?

AGupt.8
Associate II

i have read the article, https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_start_the_coprocessor_from_the_bootloader#Starting_the_coprocessor_firmware

where will i find this in my device tree

#define CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS \

"stdin=serial\0" \

"stdout=serial\0" \

"stderr=serial\0" \

BOOTENV \

"m4fw_name=rproc-m4-fw.elf\0" \

"m4fw_addr=${kernel_addr_r}\0" \

"boot_m4fw=rproc init; rproc load 0 ${m4fw_addr} ${filesize}; rproc start 0\0" \

"boot_m4_mmc0=if ext4load mmc 0:4 ${m4fw_addr} ${m4fw_name} ; then run boot_m4fw; fi;\0"

"bootcmd=run boot_m4_mmc0; run bootcmd_mmc0\0"

13 REPLIES 13

i am using STM32CUBE programmer to flash the board, i have not used cube-ide to compile uboot image, i am using openstlinux sdk provided by ST.

I have followed the above steps that u suggested and downloaded the v2.1 starter package and its corresponding u-boot version also and compiled it. which gave me u-boot.stm32 file also as a output.

As u suggested i replaced the <starter_package_path>/.../bootloader/u-boot-stm32mp177d-dk1-trusted.stm32 file with u-boot.stm32 (generated) file and also modified this line PD 0x06 ssbl Binary mmc0 0x00084400 bootloader/u-boot.stm32 of the the .tsv file.

but while flashing the board i am getting an error "FILE DOES NOT EXIST: u-boot-stm32mp177d-dk1-trusted.stm32".

i have attached the screenshot of my stm32cube programmer.

For this error is link to you deleted u-boot-stm32mp177d-dk1-trusted.stm32, please keep it, because it is needed by 0x03 partition.

Your suggestion worked. But when i tried to flash it using ubuntu system it was showing error while reconnecting and was not able to reconnect. so i used my Windows system to flash it, and it was successfully flashed. but after flashing when i restarted the board, it halted at uboot console. i have attached the screenshot of my console. please guide what to do next in order to run my CM4 firmware?

i used my Windows system to flash it, and it was successfully flashed. but after flashing when i restarted the board, it halted at uboot console. i have attached the screenshot of my console. please guide what to do next in order to run my CM4 firmware?