cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can somebody suggest me a good stm32 mpu (microprocessor) board

Sharan
Associate II

can you please suggest me a best stm32processor board which has adc and dac and usb port, ethernet wifi which uses stm32cube ide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You can use CubeMx for this kind of request. Select Board Selector and write "STM32MP":

These are the available boards for MP products.

SofLit_1-1724670151780.png

Then select a boards and check if it does fit your requirements:

So double click on one board, and click Yes:

SofLit_2-1724670252880.png

In the "Pinout & Configuration" tab / "A-Z", you will find all the available peripherals that you can use at the same time.

SofLit_3-1724670455116.png

and I think STM32MP157D-DK1 fits your requirements:

SofLit_4-1724670638332.png

For DAC, you need just to fix the conflicts with ADC1 and ADC2 (attached an ioc file).

No WiFi available unless you add a module.

Hope it helps.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Why would you need the MPU to do bare metal coding? Wouldn't you code.drivers in Linux and call from user/application space?

What's the rational here for MPU vs MCU? That you have the networking / TCP stack, and USB stack?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You can use CubeMx for this kind of request. Select Board Selector and write "STM32MP":

These are the available boards for MP products.

SofLit_1-1724670151780.png

Then select a boards and check if it does fit your requirements:

So double click on one board, and click Yes:

SofLit_2-1724670252880.png

In the "Pinout & Configuration" tab / "A-Z", you will find all the available peripherals that you can use at the same time.

SofLit_3-1724670455116.png

and I think STM32MP157D-DK1 fits your requirements:

SofLit_4-1724670638332.png

For DAC, you need just to fix the conflicts with ADC1 and ADC2 (attached an ioc file).

No WiFi available unless you add a module.

Hope it helps.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

"Best" is meaningless unless you give some criteria by which to judge it.

On ST's pages for each of the STM32MPxx Lines you've tagged, go to the 'Tools & Software' tab - there's a link there for available boards:

AndrewNeil_0-1724672181379.png

See which of those meet your requirements ...

Why do you think you "need" an MPU (rather than an MCU)? 

What level of performance do you need?

Memory? Storage?

The board neither knows nor cares what IDE you use.

Have you 

is it  possible to connect SPI TFT 3.5" LCD Touch Module ILI9488 driver 480X320 display to STM32MP157D-DK1

As long as there is an available SPI instance on the chip you can do it. 

For any other question please open a new thread.

Thank you.

i have purchased the STM32MP157D-DK1 can u suggest some videos on how to use it ,the ide for it how to acces the gpios .u can also suggest some good udemy courses for it

Hello @Sharan ,

Please open a new thread for this new question?

Thank you for your understanding.