cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't this simple openthread project work?

CMasc.1
Associate II

Hello, I am trying to create a simple openthread project on my NUCLEO-WB55RG. There is no custom code in this project; just the code generated from the CubeMX ioc file attached.

By all means, I think that I have all the necessary settings for this project selected in the IOC file (attached), but "SHCI_USER_EVT_PROC" task never finishes, and instead hangs on SHCI_C2_Thread_Init(). Am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CMasc.1
Associate II

After five days of debugging, I have now solved the issue:

The IOC code generation does not update the linker script (the file that ends in .ld). By default, the _estack allows the program stack to trail into the CPU2 SRAM1 space. This must be corrected by setting _estack = 0x20024000 (or whatever the Thread_Cli_Cmd example project has).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Which stack are you using ? Did you try to start with a basic example like Thread_Coap_Generic ?

Best Regards

CMasc.1
Associate II

After five days of debugging, I have now solved the issue:

The IOC code generation does not update the linker script (the file that ends in .ld). By default, the _estack allows the program stack to trail into the CPU2 SRAM1 space. This must be corrected by setting _estack = 0x20024000 (or whatever the Thread_Cli_Cmd example project has).