cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WL54 Error: No STM32 target found!

Adi1
Associate II

I am having similar issues with STM32WL54 with boot pin pulled up to 3.3V, it was initially working but suddenly stopped responding. I have tried connecting via a STLink using CubeProgrammer c2.12.0 and STLink Utility v4.6.0.0. Additionally, I have also tried connecting to Jlink as well but STM32 failed to connect.

12:54:42 : Error: No STM32 target found!

12:54:50 : ST-LINK SN : 53FF6D065056705449132081

12:54:50 : ST-LINK FW : V2J40S7

12:54:50 : Board    : --

12:54:50 : Voltage   : 3.16V

I have assumed that somehow I killed the STM32 because I can connect to another board (same hardware) with the same setup ( both Jlink and STLink v2 connects). Did anyone see similar issue and manage to find a root cause ?

5 REPLIES 5
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Adi​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Try "Connect under reset" mode.

I advise you to refer to this FAQ: How to solve debugger connection issues.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I have tried "Connect under reset" but it did not work.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Adi​,

Make sure that your STLink firmware is upgraded. 

Maybe the program you loaded in the MCU is causing this issue.

If this is the case, I would advise you to boot from system memory.

Please let me know if the problem is solved.

Thank you

kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

V2J40S7 is STLink firmware version(latest) and I am able to load the same program on another board(another pcb from same assembly line). You can find this information in the description of the issue.

12:54:42 : Error: No STM32 target found!

12:54:50 : ST-LINK SN : 53FF6D065056705449132081

12:54:50 : ST-LINK FW : V2J40S7

12:54:50 : Board  : --

12:54:50 : Voltage : 3.16V

boot0 is set to high, which means that it is booting from the system memory.

FYI - I was able to communicate with the board earlier but after a few cycles of programming, it ended up in this state. So I can't really blame the hardware here and this isn't the first board to meet this fate. There are about 6 different boards that are in locked state(after reprogramming a few times), unable to connect with STLink or JLink.

What should be the way forward if I wish to debug the problem any further?