cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WL V1.2.1 Application LoRaWAN Endnode How to reduce powerconsumtion in Stopmode 2? Now about 400µA expected 2µA!

ESchu.3
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

I suggest you to try with the very simple examples under "Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JC\Examples\PWR" to verify your consumption. Like that you won't use the radio part that may lead to an over consumption

As you have the X-Nucleo-LPM01A Board, you can use STM32CubeMonitorPower software tool which is very useful to do current measurements.

Regards

Louis

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Piranha
Chief II
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

You mean STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.2.0 ?

Which hardware are you using ?

How are you measuring this consumption ?

Regards

Louis

ESchu.3
Associate II

Hello Louis,

yes i mean STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.2.0

The hardware is this one: RAK3272S Breakout Board | RAKwireless Documentation Center

The board itself has the RAK3172 at its core, integrating a STM32WLE5CC chip. It has Ultra-Low Power Consumption of 1.69 uA in sleep mode.

The low level development is descriped here: RAK3172 Module Low Level Development Reference | RAKwireless Documentation Center

I measuring the consumtion with the X-Nucleo-LPM01A Board and a digital multimeter.

Greetings

E_T

Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

I suggest you to try with the very simple examples under "Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JC\Examples\PWR" to verify your consumption. Like that you won't use the radio part that may lead to an over consumption

As you have the X-Nucleo-LPM01A Board, you can use STM32CubeMonitorPower software tool which is very useful to do current measurements.

Regards

Louis