cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB5MM-DK, connecting to Tuya gateway with zigbee, part 2

eskomj
Associate III

Hello,

I have still connection problem to Tuya gateway. Simple OnOff application can connect to Tuya gateway, but when I try to connect STM32WB5MM-DK as a temperature sensor, connection fails.

Connection to Tuya gateway succeeds with STM32WB5MM-DK example OnOff_Server_Coordinator and On/Off button comes visible on SmartLife app. But with temperature sensor application connection won't work. The application things that it has succeed to connect, but nothing comes visible in SmartLife app. Little display shows "Join ok". According to Wireshark logs, temperature sensor won't reply to gateway's read attributes request where it wants to read basic attributes:

Command: Read Attributes (0x00)
Attribute: Manufacturer Name (0x0004)
Attribute: ZCL Version (0x0000)
Attribute: Application Version (0x0001)
Attribute: Model Identifier (0x0005)
Attribute: Power Source (0x0007)
Attribute: Unknown (0xfffe)

OnOff application responds for that, but not quite like should. Anyway connection succeed.

Connection shoud go according to that specification:

【Zigbee Popular Science Series】 - 3 Network Access Process - Tuya Developer Forum (tuyaos.com)

I attached three Wireshark log; WB5MM_OnOff__Server_Coord, WB5MM_TempMeas_Server_Coord and Nedis_capture. In both Server_Coord applications, I changed starttype --> join and also channel change to WPAN_2400MHZ.

I'am not shure is that the reason why connection fail, but this is at least first difference. 

20 REPLIES 20

Hello,

I didn't get this solved. I ended up to such conclusion, that simple on/off application won't need the Tuya license. I have such understanding that those zigbee modules what Tuya sells, are all ready authorized. I bought Tuya modules, but I haven't yet tried with those. 

Here is something what I found from Tuya documentation:

Flashing and Authorization-Tuya Developer Platform-Tuya Developer

What is the difference between the universal and TuyaOS editions of the cloud license?

I think authorization is that cloud license. In my old community forum topic there is said:

"Dear Developer!
The development framework based on TuyaOS currently supported platform are:

EFR32MG21

EFR32MG24

TLSR8258

PHY622X

SDKs other than EFR32MG2x platforms need to apply for permission first."

sensor device connection with STM32WB and zigbee - Tuya Developer Forum (tuyaos.com)

It might be so, that only those type modules are supported in Tuya zigbee.

Esko