cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE PWM Mode1/2 are missing when the channel is configured in Output compare

juvann
Associate III

I have a board Nucleo WB55 and I'm configuring PWM on channel 1 of TIM2.

I know is possible configure PWM Mode 1 also on channels configured as Output Compare, but CubeIDE not allow set this configuration, I think is an issue.

I changed the init code with TIM_OC_MODE_PWM1 and works.

0693W00000YA09xQAD.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aymen ABBES
ST Employee

Hi @juvann​  ,

Thank you for your contributions and for your detailed explanations,

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number: 144724 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I will keep you posted with updates.

Hope this answered your question.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards,

Aymen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gbm
Lead III

PWM1 is simply a variant/superset of Compare mode; software-wise it is simply compare mode, it just controls the hardware output differently. You may configure PWM mode and keep the output disabled - then there is no difference between these two modes.

Aymen ABBES
ST Employee

Hi @juvann​  ,

Thank you for your contributions and for your detailed explanations,

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number: 144724 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I will keep you posted with updates.

Hope this answered your question.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards,

Aymen