cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE build problem

ashkanr65
Associate II

I downloaded these examples:

https://github.com/ashkanr65/STM32CubeWB/tree/master/Projects/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo

to follow them, but when I open these projects, I can't build them with my STM32CubeIDE.

Anyone can help me?

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @ashkanr65​ 

Did you downloaded the full WB FW package i.e. https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB ?

(and not only starting from the project itself).

In order to compile properly, project refers to files that are outside Projects/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo directory.

You should have similar tree structure in the directory where you cloned the WB package :

Errors in IAR indicates something is wrong in your environment (files not where they are expected to be according to all relative paths used in project).

Guenael

(image seems to have not been uploaded successfully in my previous post)0693W000000UIIcQAO.jpg

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

What's a bad advice to rely on SW4STM32 ... such is almost deprecated, not more improved, ... Please rely on STM32CubeIDE which is ST supported, new generation IDE etc. ...

Even if only SW4STM32 examples available for some device(s) STM32CubeIDE is fully supporting SW4STM32 projects.

Please enjoy your WB BLE example ... only requires 3 steps ...

1) File > Import

0693W000000UKcjQAG.png

2) Point to your example path (up to SW4STM32/<project name> segments)

0693W000000UKd8QAG.png

3) Press finish & you're done being able to build the project

0693W000000UKdDQAW.png

Thank you @Guenael Cadier​ ,

I select the main folder and export just the example that I want.

But If I want to export the example (with new changes) and import in another computer, what should I do?

I right click on the project and export the project, but when I want to test that and import the project again, I give this error when I want to open (for example main.c):

File not found: /BLE_p2pServer/Application/Core/main.c.

and If I want to compile that, I give another error:

Description Resource Path Location Type

Program "make" not found in PATH BLE_p2pServer C/C++ Problem

How can I export files without these problems?

Hi @Cartu38 OpenDev​ ,

Actually your way is a good way and I use CubeIDE, but currently I need to find the main ways to import and export files and then convert them.

Thank you

Hi @ashkanr65​ 

I'm not sure to understand your problem, I prefer let CubeIDE experts answer for the Export function ...

What you need for compiling successfully a project is to have the complete tree structure available in your environment. If there is an include looking for a file at ../../../../example.h, you must ensure that you have the complete set of directories and files, with the same structure, on your second PC.

For that you need to copy, not only your project files, but rather the complete STM32CubeWB Firmware package.