cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Communication between STM32F407VG disc1 board and a RF-Transceiver STEVAL-IKR002V2D

Zayoud
Associate III

I'm currently working on a project based on transmitting RF.

The objective of the project is to develop a system which is able to communicate with another device based on RF transmission.

The system has to be able to provide RF communication at a frequency in all the sub-1 GHz range.

Now I am trying to use the STEVAL-IKR002V2D that covers the 315MHz, developed by STMicroelectronics, unfortunately I can't find any archive or project examples that use this module.

I would be very grateful if you could suggest me a module (transceiver) developed by ST that can cover all the frequencies needed (315MHz.433MHz.869MHz).

It would also be helpful if you could advise me how to use the STEVAL-IKR002V2D.

Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @Zayoud  ,

To find some exemples for your shield wish is based on the spirit1 module. You can try the X-CUBE-SUBG1.

For your project, the best solution you can use is the STM32WL wish is the last ST technology that combine the STM32 MCU with a sub-ghz radio module. Also, you can find all exemples you need in the stm32CubeWL driver.

Best regards.

II

If you're question is answered, check the answer as a best answer to be diffused to everyone.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @Zayoud  ,

To find some exemples for your shield wish is based on the spirit1 module. You can try the X-CUBE-SUBG1.

For your project, the best solution you can use is the STM32WL wish is the last ST technology that combine the STM32 MCU with a sub-ghz radio module. Also, you can find all exemples you need in the stm32CubeWL driver.

Best regards.

II

If you're question is answered, check the answer as a best answer to be diffused to everyone.

Zayoud
Associate III

 Hello @Issamos,

thanks for your help, STM32WL55JC microcontroller multiprotocol in UFBGA73 package featuring:

• Ultra-low-power MCU
  • RF transceiver (150 MHz to 960 MHz frequency range) supporting LoRa®, (G)FSK, (G)MSK, and BPSK modulations
  • 256-Kbyte Flash memory and 64-Kbyte SRAM

that's what I'm searching about, but i have some questions because i found this on the NUCLEO-WL55JC's datasheet

RF transceiver is available on the 150 MHz to 960 MHz frequency range or not and why I can this range not available on the STM32WL55JC1 or STM32WL55JC2

Hello again @Zayoud  ,

The STM32WL55JC1 cover the high band (between 865MHz and 928MHz) and the STM32WL55JC2 cover the low band (between 433MHz and 510MHz).

Best regards.

II

Zayoud
Associate III

OK, thank you @Issamos 

Is there an ST product that supports RF communication in 3 frequency bands: 315MHz, 433MHz and 869MHz?

Hello again @Zayoud  .

Usually high band and low band can't be used in the same board. What I suggest you is to build your own board based on the STM32WL and try to combine it with one of the S2-LP transceivers to have exactly what you want. You can take a look on that post.

Best regards.

II

Zayoud
Associate III

Hello again @Issamos 

Thank you very much for your reply to my question and for your help.

That's a good idea to combine between the STM32WL board and the S2-LP transceivers, but the S2-LP transceivers support only the frequency bands at 433, 512, 868 and 920 MHz , The STM32WL55JC1 cover the high band (between 865MHz and 928MHz) and the STM32WL55JC2 cover the low band (between 433MHz and 510MHz).

which means that I will never be able to cover the 315MHz frequency band with it. However, it's possible if I use the STEVAL-IKR002V2D, this RF module is tuned for the 315MHz, But i Have no Idea how to configurate this module.

Another solution  I have found this module, it supports the 3 frequency ranges needed. ATA5831-XPRO | Microchip Technology
But I'm not sure if this module is compatible with the STM32WL board.

Can you please check with me if it is compatible with this board or not? How can I control it using the STM32WL board? or how can I control the STEVAL-IKR002V2D?

Best regards.

II

Hello again, 

The easiest way to do what you are looking for is to use the the STEVAL-IKR002V2D. You can easily connect it to the the STM32WL  using his spi interface. You can control this shield using the X-CUBE-SUBG1 driver sense it is based on the spirit1

Best regards.

II

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.

II

Always happy to help you. You can ask all your questions in the community and you will always find help .

Best regards

II