cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio frequency communication between Nucleo-WL55jc2 and radio frequency Device

Zayoud
Associate III

Hi ST experts.

I used the pingpong sample code with the tutorial I have found in the TechForum: Link of the tutorial in order to establish the radio frequency communication between two Nucleo-WL55JC2 boards and it works. 

establishing RF communication 2 Nucleo-wl.png

 And then I tried to communicate with the device that has this configuration 

Zayoud_0-1708436178652.png

It didn't work with my code, I searched for the problem and I found on the configuration of the subghz: 

cube mx config .png

What is the role of the baudrate prescaler value for the subghz configuration?

and what changes should I make?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Zayoud  and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

According to the RM0453, The sub-GHz radio SPI clock is derived from the PCLK3 clock. The SUBGHZSPI_SCK
frequency is obtained by PCLK3 divided by two. The SUBGHZSPI_SCK clock maximum
speed must not exceed 16 MHz. So, the  baudrate prescaler value should be 4 or more in case PCLK3 clock is 48MHz or 2 in case PCLK3 clock is 32MHz. 

STTwo32_0-1708540054989.png

So, the baudrate prescaler value is the frequency divider value. it set exactly the 3 bits of the Baud rate control on the SUBGHZSPI_CR1:

STTwo32_2-1708540250567.pngSTTwo32_3-1708540271607.png

Best regards.

Liltek Zina.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Evangelist II

@Zayoud  wrote:

I used the pingpong sample code with the tutorial I have found in the TechForum: Link of the tutorial 

That's DigiKey's forum - nothing to do with ST.

https://forum.digikey.com/t/using-the-low-level-sub-ghz-radio-driver-for-the-stm32wl-series/18253/11 

As it says there, they're throwing away ST's standard code, and doing something "different" instead - so you'd probably be better asking the actual author there what it is that he's done, and how to understand & use his code!

@Zayoud  wrote:

What is the role of the baudrate prescaler value for the subghz configuration?

AndrewNeil_1-1708442134506.png

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Zayoud  and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

According to the RM0453, The sub-GHz radio SPI clock is derived from the PCLK3 clock. The SUBGHZSPI_SCK
frequency is obtained by PCLK3 divided by two. The SUBGHZSPI_SCK clock maximum
speed must not exceed 16 MHz. So, the  baudrate prescaler value should be 4 or more in case PCLK3 clock is 48MHz or 2 in case PCLK3 clock is 32MHz. 

STTwo32_0-1708540054989.png

So, the baudrate prescaler value is the frequency divider value. it set exactly the 3 bits of the Baud rate control on the SUBGHZSPI_CR1:

STTwo32_2-1708540250567.pngSTTwo32_3-1708540271607.png

Best regards.

Liltek Zina.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @STTwo-32,

I would like to express my gratitude for your previous assistance in clarifying the role of the variable. It was immensely helpful:D.

As I am currently expanding my knowledge in the domain of Radio Frequency communication, I have some inquiries regarding ST's RF products. I possess two NUCLEO-WL55JC2 boards and one NUCLEO-WL55JC1 board. Could you please confirm if either of these boards is capable of reading RF signals from any arbitrary RF device, or are they solely designed for detecting signals with a predetermined frequency?

Furthermore, I am experimenting with several RF products that utilize FSK modulation. Given the multitude of variables involved in the communication process, I would appreciate it if you could specify the critical variables that I need to identify in order to program the NUCLEO-WL55JC boards for effective communication.

In conclusion, I kindly request a link to an RF training course or a recommendation for a book that could further enhance my understanding of RF communication principles.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Liltek Azyen😁.

Zayoud

3aslama 

Thank you so much for your complement. Can you please create a new post for this question so we give it more visibility and other clients can see it. Also, could you please add more descriptions for your questions (specially the first, an example may help too).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32