cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB1789-HP CubeIDE code changes

zag0
Associate

Dear all,

I have a board developed using a reference design from STDES-WL5U4DHB: MB1789-HP "Direct Tie connection between RX and TX - High power mode".

I'm trying to figure out what needs to be changed in the drivers to enable EndNode example to work. Since this design uses same transmission line for both Tx and Rx and has no RF switches I thought commenting out RF switch configuration in BSP_RADIO_Init() and whole implementation of BSP_RADIO_ConfigRFSwitch() should be sufficient but I'm still not getting any packets to show up at my LNS.

To be precise, I'm seeing the following:

• in OnTxData() params->Status equals LORAMAC_EVENT_INFO_STATUS_TX_TIMEOUT and params->isMcpsConfirm equals 0
  • in OnJoinRequest() joinParams->Status equals LORAMAC_HANDLER_ERROR

Gateway is 2 feet away and E2E communication with other LoRa devices work fine.

I have attached board schematic (IO and antenna part) and a scope capture from the HP pin. You can see that there's something going on for 1.485 sec which is presumably a TX containing JoinRequest at DR0. Capture looks the same all the way to the antenna.

Any help is much appreciated!

PS. For clarification: SKY13453-385LF controlled by the RS485_DE pin is an RF switch used to steer the signal towards internal antenna vs. external one connected to an SMA connector.

0 REPLIES 0