cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STLink-V3MiniE better than STLink-V3SET?

David_
Senior

For use with STM32WLE5JC, since I do not need I2C bridge and expandsion, will V3MiniE better than STLink-V3SET?  MiniE higher SWO 24MHz vs 16MHz in slower V3SET.  MiniE is 2 years younger.  TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With Debug and serial outout you can come a long way. Nucleo Boards have serial already wired, so no need for extra wiring. That will help with the start.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

I strongly suggest you get a NUCLE0-WL55 board first. It has a built in STLINKV3 debugger and will help you to get started. Otherwise SWO/ACM/JTAG/SWD are the same across the STLINKV3 line, differing in form factor and connection options.

Setting all up from srcatch w/o a working staring point will otherwise need a very steep learning curve.

Thanks.  Yes, true quite steep learning.  For STM32WLE5JC, is SWO and SWD are all that needed for ST-LINK V3 and ST tools (STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeProgrammer)?  JTAG and ACM are not needed.  TIA

With Debug and serial outout you can come a long way. Nucleo Boards have serial already wired, so no need for extra wiring. That will help with the start.