cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 and STM32F767ZI problem with usart

DJeze.1
Associate II

Hi, I'm working on the Lora project. I have a STM32F767ZI board and an I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 module. As I understood from the manual to the module. The module is programmed using AT commands via UART. I set up USART3 on my board to communicate with a PC that works properly. I set up USART6 in the same way to send commands to the module. But when I try to send something to USART6 (speed 115200) my STM32 restarts. I will be happy for any idea.Or if someone was dealing with something similar, I would like to be inspired. Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Bend up the NRESET pin

Check schematic, might want to disconnect 3.3V and 5V connectivity if it can power via VIN

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Ok, powered by the 3.3V

Disconnect JP2 to block the NRST

DJeze.1
Associate II

Thanks, that helped. For now, sending data to my gateway still doesn't work, but it will probably be the wrong syntax of my sent codes. Anyway, thank you, the experiments continue. 🙂

So I have another question. I still can't send anything over the lora. I do not receive anything from the USI module. So I have no feedback. So I tried to connect ST-link v2 mini, but the USI module doesn't report at all. The aim of my work is to send data from the STM32F767ZI board via I Nucleo lrwan1 to my lora gateway (which I have registered). Is this even possible? They don't answer me from USI yet.

The USI module has read-out protection to protect their software. The software inside can be replaced, but that would need you to level-up a bit.

Not a fan of the USI, I'm predominantly using Murata module, Heltec, Rax and Reyax boards for proof-of-concept work, and I can port the Cube LRWAN to most platforms of interest.

You'll have to go over the USI AT manuals, checking you have the right frequencies and modes selected. Given the margins on individual USI modules I wouldn't expect to get any free engineering support.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

What gateway are you using?

Is it on a public or private network? What frequency plan?

"I have a STM32F767ZI board and an I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 module"

Before doing that, have you tried a P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 - which is pack containing both the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 "shield" and a NUCLEO-L073RZ "base" board?

Or obtained a NUCLEO-L073RZ separately, and used the example project direct from the I-CUBE-LRWAN software pack?

EDIT

Or try a B-L072Z-LRWAN1 - which has the Murata module, as mentioned by @Community member​ . And a much better level of support.

I use a dragino gateway registered with TheThingsNetwork. I want to use Europe 868MHz. Unfortunately, I had no experience with other shields. The task of my project is to send data using lora to the gateway. I probably chose I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 wrongly, but now I can change it. I thought that control using USAT and AT commands would be simple and intuitive. But I was wrong. Also, my F767ZI board is not in any of the illustrative examples. So using I-CUBE-LRWAN is not easy. Or I just don't know how. I would really like for some working example with this shield. I really don't know what to do anymore.

"I would really like for some working example with this shield"

Then you really need to start with one of the specifically supported platforms.

Get that working & understood - then you will be in a position to port it to a different platform.