cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce current consumption on NUCLEO-WL55JC ?

LMesn.1
Associate II

Hello, i'm using the NUCLEO-WL55JC board.

I am using the LoRaWAN_End_Node example which works fine. However I reach an operating current of around 50mA.

Do you have an idea for a solution?

Have a good day !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @LMesn.1​ ,

The following features are implemented to reduce the current consumption:

• The core logic is supplied by the low-power voltage regulator to reduce the quiescent current.
  • The Flash memory can be switched off (power-down mode and clock gating) in LPSleep mode. The Flash memory can also be switched off in LPRun mode when the application processor executes from SRAM1.
  • The system clock is limited to 2 MHz. The MSI internal RC oscillator can be selected as it supports several frequency ranges, with a small device total consumption (such as 48 µA in LPSleep, Flash memory off, at 100 kHz). 

Please refer to this AN5568 "Ultra-low-power features of STM32WL Series microcontrollers", it may be helpful for you.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @LMesn.1​ ,

The following features are implemented to reduce the current consumption:

• The core logic is supplied by the low-power voltage regulator to reduce the quiescent current.
  • The Flash memory can be switched off (power-down mode and clock gating) in LPSleep mode. The Flash memory can also be switched off in LPRun mode when the application processor executes from SRAM1.
  • The system clock is limited to 2 MHz. The MSI internal RC oscillator can be selected as it supports several frequency ranges, with a small device total consumption (such as 48 µA in LPSleep, Flash memory off, at 100 kHz). 

Please refer to this AN5568 "Ultra-low-power features of STM32WL Series microcontrollers", it may be helpful for you.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
LMesn.1
Associate II

Thank you very much, i will try all of this.

Have a good day.

LMesn.1
Associate II

Hello i applied your advice, and i also changed the supply mode and everything is good. Thank you !