cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you install WB RF stack?

DOCon.1
Senior

Hi. I've read several bits of info on the RF stack installation, but can't figure it out. Here's a previous thread on the topic:https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000DKLKkSAP/how-do-i-flashburn-the-ble-stack-coprocessor-binary-for-my-stm32wb55ce-custom-board

I have STM32Cube programmer open, with the `Erasing and Progamming` tab selected. I have 3 binaries, downloaded from here: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB/tree/master/Projects/STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries/STM32WB5x. `FUS_fw.bin`, `FUS_fw_for_fus_0_5_3.bin`, and `BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin`. Presumably I install FUS for 0_5_3, then FUS, then BLE stack. How do I know what Start Address to use in Cube Programmer? The link above suggests it's in the Release Notes doc, but I don't see it there. There's also a reference to Table 5 in ANSI5185, but I don't see it there; that document is a changelog.

Question #1: Is my procedure correct, of flashing those 3 binaries in sequence from `Erasing and Progamming` in STM32Cube Programmer?

Question #2: Where do I find the Start Address?

Question #3: When I go to the `Memory and File edition` in CubeProgammer, and enter `0x20030030` in the `Address` field at the top left to check FUS version, it shows 0s. According to ANSI5185's FAQ, this may mean CPU2 is off. Isn't it by nature off when I load up Cube Programmer vice a program where I set C2BOOT in PWR_CR4? Related: By using Full Chip Erase in CubeProgammer (Which is normally a safe operation on other STM32s), could I have bricked the RF CPU? Or does that only erase normal program memory?

Alternatively: Is there a self-contained guide on how to set up CPU2? The guides I've mentioned and some others all contain references to dead-ends, or leave out key information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @DOCon.1​ ,

In STM32CubeWB Github repository, the same question is asked in the file how_to_program_wireless_stacks.txt. And the provided answer is:

To program a wireless stack inside STM32WBxx devices, you need to refer to the following release notes: - For STM32WB5x devices:

• Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB5x\Release_Notes.html. - For STM32WB3x devices:
  • Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB3x\Release_Notes.html.- For STM32WB1x devices:
  • Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB1x\Release_Notes.html.

The Start Address is provided in these Release_Notes as well.

-Amel

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @DOCon.1​ ,

In STM32CubeWB Github repository, the same question is asked in the file how_to_program_wireless_stacks.txt. And the provided answer is:

To program a wireless stack inside STM32WBxx devices, you need to refer to the following release notes: - For STM32WB5x devices:

• Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB5x\Release_Notes.html. - For STM32WB3x devices:
  • Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB3x\Release_Notes.html.- For STM32WB1x devices:
  • Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB1x\Release_Notes.html.

The Start Address is provided in these Release_Notes as well.

-Amel

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

DOCon.1
Senior

Hi. Thank you for the information. That's the changelog I referred to. I don't see any instructions or addresses.

What part of that document should I look in?

DOCon.1
Senior

Nvm, found it! Turns out I did something wrong when saving that HTML file to Desktop (?) and the tables got mangled. Thank you.

edit: I was looking at the main repo `Release Notes` instead of the one you linked in the folder.