cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am using STM32WLE5CCU6 MCU and I am trying to enable RTC Wakeup Interrupt. I use HAL_NVIC_EnableIRQ(RTC_WKUP_IRQn) but seems like my code is stuck inside it. Any ideas what can be causing that?

EKame.1
Associate II

9 REPLIES 9
TDK
Guru

Sounds like it’s stuck in an IRQ handler. Make sure flags are cleared appropriately. Debug your code. Hit pause. See where it’s at.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Dana Myers
Senior

Do you have an ST/Link ? Relatively inexpensive. Highly recommended.

Dana K6JQ

how is it stuck inside IRQ handler? I have printed some logs and It doesn't get out from this HAL_NVIC_EnableIRQ(RTC_WKUP_IRQn)

yes I have it

Have you tried running under the debugger, then halting to see what the MCU is doing when it's stuck?

I didn't try the debugger but I had logs printed to check where it gets stuck

Use the power tool (debugger) and see if the RTC_WKUP_IRQn handler is storming (repeatedly being called).

You enable an interrupt. Code doesn’t progress from that point. What other explanation would there be?
Debugging is likely to be more fruitful than guessing.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Subramanya A
Associate II

Hi @EKame.1​ ,

Any update for aforementioned issue ? even I faced same issue [https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00002DAe0dSAD/stm32wl-rtc-hangs]

Thanks in Advance.