cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get reception confirmation in BLE (indication)

thealbertdev
Associate III

I am using an STM32WB5MMG for a BLE application. The device acts as a server. I have configured a number of characteristics with indication permissions. How can I confirm the correct reception of the characteristics updates by the client? I mean, where can I get the indication confirmation?

Best regards and thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FDumontKeller
Associate III

Hi @thealbertdev

If what you are looking for is some kind of event telling the CPU1 that the ACK from the client has been received, you can add the ACI_GATT_SERVER_CONFIRMATION_VSECT_CODE in the switch case of the function 
static SVCCTL_EvtAckStatus_t Custom_STM_Event_Handler(void *Event){} (if you are using the CubeMX BLE custom option) between the user code comments
/* USER CODE BEGIN BLECORE_EVT */
/* USER CODE END BLECORE_EVT */ 

Description of the event in the AN5270 

FDumontKeller_0-1711003109257.png

Hope this works as it worked for me. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FDumontKeller
Associate III

Hi @thealbertdev

If what you are looking for is some kind of event telling the CPU1 that the ACK from the client has been received, you can add the ACI_GATT_SERVER_CONFIRMATION_VSECT_CODE in the switch case of the function 
static SVCCTL_EvtAckStatus_t Custom_STM_Event_Handler(void *Event){} (if you are using the CubeMX BLE custom option) between the user code comments
/* USER CODE BEGIN BLECORE_EVT */
/* USER CODE END BLECORE_EVT */ 

Description of the event in the AN5270 

FDumontKeller_0-1711003109257.png

Hope this works as it worked for me. 

Thank you!

Doing it as you indicate works. Although now that it is working, I can see that it is much more difficult to manage the non-receipt of the confirmation than the confirmation itself 😅

FDumontKeller
Associate III

well, sometimes you can't have it all. Setting some type of Timeout after the sending of data would help? there is this timer service (based on the RTC) which could help you out with this.