cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generated Makefile does not compile.

Romain1
Associate III

Hi, I'm evaluating this function pack for the STM32WB family, and it contains projects for various IDEs including STM32CubeIDE project & STM32CubeMX config file.

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcu-mpu-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32-ode-function-pack-sw/fp-sns-motenvwb1.html version 1.0.0.

I am using STM32CubeIDE version 1.0.2 on a Windows 10 host.

Also using STM32CubeMX version 5.3.0.

It loads ok, despite showing an error in the STM32_WPAN Configuration (CFG_DEBUG_BLE_TRACE and CFG_DEBUG_APP_TRACE are both enabled).

In the Project Manager I select Makefile to be able to compile the project with GCC.

The problem is that the generated Makefile does not compile and required some fixing.

I have attached the original Makefile, the fixed version and the diff file for those who prefer this format.

Is this the right way to generate the Makefile?

Is there an issue with the CubeMX or the function pack provided?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Romain1
Associate III

Tested today with STM32CubeMX version 5.4.0.

Note for ST: adding absolute paths in a Makefile totally kills portability (the same Makefile is used by multiple people in the team).

There are still typos (missing backslash) and most of the relative paths to include directories are incorrect.

Where should I log this? Is there an issue tracker? Tks.

KPenn.1
Associate II

I agree with you Romain, but I do see the pros and cons. I created my own portable Makefile which references the src/inc folders separately (by relative paths) and compiles all .c files found in every src folder (could be considered a flaw rather than a feature). And yes, it still seems to always duplicate the STM32_WPAN/utilities sources.