cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to find my nucleo-WL55JC2 in the BLE Sensor App

LearnCORE
Associate II

Hello everyone, 

So I'm following the tutorial here https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-ble2.html to try a BLE connection from the nucleo-WL55JC2 connected to the BLE expansion board X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1. I followed the tutorial and run the program SensorDemoApp but when I open the app on my iPhone It doesn't detect the board.

Can it be due to some issue in the clock configuration? Or maybe the connection between the board and the expansion board? 

The tutorial I followed is in the pdf attached. 

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for your time 

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @LearnCORE and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

This tutorial use the NUCLEO-L476RG, so you may need to migrate it to be compatible with your STM32WL. For this, you Can use the AN5408. Also, I Can recommande you to use an  STM32WB Wish is a Dual-core, multiprotocol wireless STM32WB microcontrollers, supporting Bluetooth Low Energy, Zigbee, Thread and Matter connectivity

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

hello, 

Thank you for your response. I have to actually use this specific board so I'm considering the migration procedure. I looked at the document but I don't really understand what am I supposed to migrate, because the GPIOS, SPI used are the same. 

Can you give me more details please? 

Thanks in advance, 

Best regards 

Hi,

you have to take care of some differences in hardware, peripheral availability, firmware, security, and tools.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AElgh
Associate III

Hello, if you are using newest version of the X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1, R117 should be already soldered. you only need to set the SPI and GPIO pins as in the example of the X-CUBE-BLE2 package. I use it with the Nucleo-F401 Board and I'm considering to use it with the WL55JCx as well, but i agree with you, this Module has a little documentation to supports its development.

Regards

Amir