cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect to STM32WB via ST-Link

IRakh.1
Associate III

Hello, I many years used ST-Link to download my framework to STM32, so I am not new in this.

But now - I used all available settings in - ST-LINK software (under reset, hot, normal, with different frequency). I pushed reset in the boards, I connected boom0 to 3.3V to GRN. I used many jumpers in the Nucleo board.

How it is happened!

Initially this boards worked. I created simple code - for turn on LED. 

After that I decided to test the wireless connection and uploaded the .hex file from here - P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE\BLE_HeartRate\Binary

it was not successful attempt, BUT after that I could not establish connection with boards, please the images.  

How I can fix it?

0693W00000UFRICQA5.jpg0693W00000UFRIRQA5.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

I would recommend to use CubeProgrammer as this is the official tool to program our MCUs.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

I would recommend to use CubeProgrammer as this is the official tool to program our MCUs.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

You can download it from the ST web site.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

MM..1
Chief II

And try explain second image , what is connected over wires? Nucleo have own stlink dont require external... And WB is supported only in CubeProgrammer, too if your first flash try is binary not hex and you place it on bad address, yuo can kill WB .

I use external ST-link, Nucleo I use only for test, and after that I will use my PCB boards with stm32wb.

For Nucleo I used hex file from here - P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE\BLE_HeartRate\Binary looks like it is not hex. Is it possible repair now?

and also own nucleo stlink initially didn't work

In this folder is hex then is OK partial, because in readme is

This application requires having the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin binary flashed on the Wireless Coprocessor.
If it is not the case, you need to use STM32CubeProgrammer to load the appropriate binary.
All available binaries are located under /Projects/STM32_Copro_Wireless_Binaries directory.
Refer to /Projects/STM32_Copro_Wireless_Binaries/ReleaseNote.html for the detailed procedure to change the
Wireless Coprocessor binary

and Nocleo cant work with external STLINK (only with remove internal)

Try use only internal micro USB STLINK marked.

Initially Its worked with external, and should works (I checked electrical scheme). internals stlink didn't work, I cheeked

Show this scheme and where you connect

WB is very different against other STM32

And STLink utility sw is obsolete and dangerous for WB

CubeProgrammer solved my problem!