cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE Stack on CPU2 not working

Jlim.1
Associate II

I tested BLE example with NUCLEO-WB55 board. It worked well.

Now we are going to run the BLE example on the custom board.

I made a board with STM32WB55CE MCU.

Although the custom board application was uploaded as shown in the example NUCLEO-WB55, an error occurs in the code shown below.

app_ble.c

/**
   * Starts the BLE Stack on CPU2
   */
  if (SHCI_C2_BLE_Init( &ble_init_cmd_packet ) != SHCI_Success)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }

I thought the BLE stack went up wrong, so I uploaded the BLE stack, but it doesn't work the same way.

Where should I look?

6 REPLIES 6
HPope.1
Associate II

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm experiencing the same issue

DPars.2
Associate III

I'm seeing the same issue with our custom board with a STM32WB55CE MCU. I assume no solution has been found?

YTalh.1
Associate II

Having the same issue here with the Thread stack: the program hangs at  "ThreadInitStatus = SHCI_C2_THREAD_Init();"

I am running the exact same code as I did on the Nucleo board with the exact same option bytes and FUS version. Only difference is that I am using a custom board now.

Did you ever figure out a solution for this?

DPars.2
Associate III

Unfortunately not. I thought I had fixed one of the boards by upgrading the BLE firmware from 1.12.1 to 1.13.0 but when I tried to repeat that fix on another board I keep getting the FUS_STATE_IMG_NOT_AUTHENTIC error at the end of the update and the build still fails at SHCI_C2_THREAD_Init().

HPope.1
Associate II

After talking with stm32 for a bit, I scrapped everything, as they sent me this much newer tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i10X4Blr8ns&t=16s

Using this I was able to get things running to the point that the bluetooth micro was spitting out:

“Wireless Firmware version 0.0.0

Wireless Firmware build 0

FUS version 1.1.1

SHCI_SUB_EVT_CODE_READY - FUS_FW_RUNNING�?

At that point, it was pointed out that while my FUS was fine, I needed to upgrade my wireless stack.

After doing that everything worked cleanly.

Good luck.

detakm
Associate II

Was anyone on this post able to figure out what solves this issue? I am having the same problem but with the Zigbee stack, the function call SHCI_C2_ZIGBEE_Init() never returns.