cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio on STM32WB55CG?

Skfir
Senior

Hello @STTwo-32 ! Thank you so much for clarifying everything! I am really thrilled with the STM32WBA Nucleo board. Could you please let me know, if it is compatible with the FP-AUD-BVLINKWB1 pack? If not, are there any code examples on how to implement Bluetooth audio on it? Such as pairing with headphones et cetera?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Skfir 

As said @Andrew Neil The STM32WB/WBA does not support Bluetooth Classic, which is the technology used by AirPods for audio streaming. The STM32WBA supports BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) Audio features, which are different from the Bluetooth Classic used by AirPods.

If you are looking to implement audio streaming applications similar to True Wireless Stereo (TWS) using BLE, the STM32WBA can be a suitable choice, but it will not be compatible with AirPods.

For the FP-AUD-BVLINKWB1 it is compatible only with the STM32WB. And for test of the Audio.L.E. The Nucleo board may not do the job. You need to use the DK board.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Skfir wrote:

Such as pairing with headphones et cetera?  

The STM32WBA is BLE only - so it won't work with things which only do "Classic" BT audio ...

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Skfir 

As said @Andrew Neil The STM32WB/WBA does not support Bluetooth Classic, which is the technology used by AirPods for audio streaming. The STM32WBA supports BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) Audio features, which are different from the Bluetooth Classic used by AirPods.

If you are looking to implement audio streaming applications similar to True Wireless Stereo (TWS) using BLE, the STM32WBA can be a suitable choice, but it will not be compatible with AirPods.

For the FP-AUD-BVLINKWB1 it is compatible only with the STM32WB. And for test of the Audio.L.E. The Nucleo board may not do the job. You need to use the DK board.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Skfir
Senior

Got it! Thank you a lot guyz!!

Skfir
Senior

Just a followup question, since I don't know much about bluetooth in general. Do all the generations of AirPods use Bluetooth Classic? I mean, if I use STM32WB/WBA, will I lose compatibility with all the generations of AirPods, or just the first one?