cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xcube-Touchgfx 4.17.0 generator not appearing in category menu in STM32cubeide 1.6.1?

Mkuma.5
Associate II

i did installed from software packages of cubeide. But generator is not appearing on the category menu to configure.

20 REPLIES 20

Hum interesting. Could you share your project by any chance ? Now that you have set it you should have had that new tab created to configure it. Try to save and close/open again the project, we never know.

Downloading TouchGFX was not enough which is why I kept asking for how you configured it in the Software packs component selector.

/Romain

Hi @Mkuma.5​ ,

Have you been able to make it work ?

/Romain

Here it is in attachment. If you can come on Teamviewer and set it right for me it would be great and appreciated.

Nope for Touchgfx. Rest all with respect to hal etc., works fine.

Hey. I solved that issue. Now the issue with linking i guess.

build:

c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.6.1\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_1.5.0.202011040924\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: TouchGFX/App/app_touchgfx.o: in function `MX_TouchGFX_Init':

C:/Users/maheshkumar.m/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.6.1/TEST_MAX_AI_430/Debug/../TouchGFX/App/app_touchgfx.c:29: undefined reference to `touchgfx_init'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [makefile:86: TEST_MAX_AI_430.elf] Error 1

"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

Hey i solved the above problem. But the Linking problem i guess. Now after building i get this issue.

Build:

C:/Users/maheshkumar.m/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.6.1/TEST_MAX_AI_430/Debug/../TouchGFX/App/app_touchgfx.c:29: undefined reference to `touchgfx_init'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [makefile:86: TEST_MAX_AI_430.elf] Error 1

"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

please help!!!!! my code generation for rest of the project is C. But Touchgfx will be in C++ right how to link them so that build succeed.

Hi,

I am still confused by the errors you faced, could you explain how you solved them for other users that may face it as well ? I opened your project and was able to set TouchGFX with the steps given. I set an address for the framebuffer by the way otherwise the project would not compile in STM32CubeIDE, I don't know if you did the same.

The "undefined reference to `touchgfx_init'" could be linked to not generating code from TouchGFX Designer. Could you do it again, and then open the project with STM32CubeIDE, right click on the project name in the tree view on the left and do a "Clean" and "Refresh" ?

/Romain

You may also need to use the "convert to c++" option in STM32CubeIde as you wrote. STM32CubeMX will still only generate and work with C.

/Romain

Hi

I solved the Touchgfx generator problem. By uninstalling XCUBE-Touchgfx and re-checked waited for 5 mins then function generator in drop down menu appeared in that drop down and was enabled to install. Earlier it was not the case only XCUBE was allowed to install. Then it appeared on to the Categories menu.

i am new to this STM. Do you mean you want me to recreate fresh project. And redo it with C++ while creating project? Then, when we are done with the Pin settings it will generated C driver code.