cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 is out

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi Everyone,

If you haven't noticed by now, X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 is out, available from STM32CubeMX 6.0+ and from st.com as a zip (Also installable through STM32CubeMX).

Here is the documentation for 4.17.0: https://support.touchgfx.com/

Main features:

1. Complete redesign of the TouchGFX Designer
  2. Dual core support of TouchGFX Generator
  3. FMC interface support of TouchGFX Generator
  4. Various minor framework improvements like font handling

You can see all the bug fixing and improvements in the changelog.

KNOWN ISSUES:

If you wish to use L8 images in 16-,24- or 32bpp configurations, for some RTOS you will need to remove the OSWrappers::taskYield() function call in the DMA2D file templates of the X-CUBE installation (FreeRTOS from CubeMX works OK):

• Navigate to your Users/<user name>/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/STMicroelectronics/X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX/4.17.0/CubeMX/templates/Target folder
  • Depending on your bit depth open the dma_XXbpp_implementation_tmp.ftl file (16. 24 and 32 bpp)
  • Delete (or comment) the OSWrappers::taskYield() call in the while ((READ_REG(DMA2D->FGPFCCR) & DMA2D_FGPFCCR_START) != 0U) loop
while ((READ_REG(DMA2D->FGPFCCR) & DMA2D_FGPFCCR_START) != 0U)
{
    // OSWrappers::taskYield();
}
  • Regenerate code from STM32CubeMX for your project

/Romain

71 REPLIES 71

Hi,

You need to enable "TouchGFX Generator" for your project by clicking on the "Software packs" button, then "Select Software", and enable TouchGFX 4.17. Follow this article in the documentation.

/Romain

Hi,

Glad to receive your reply, but the offline documents are still V4.16.

You are right, thanks for reporting this error. I'll see if I can get it or if we can fix it quickly.

/Romain

Hi Jonathon,

You had an error with your pathing of your build on your MacOS CubeIDE, I am also using the same set-up of CubeIDE for Mac (M1) with Parallels to build TouchGFX Designer files, I have been trying to solve this issue I can't am lacking in knowledge in the linker area with CubeIDE on how to path it correctly, would you be able to explain the process?

I tried editing the libraries within the MCU G++ Linker to point to the internal libtouchgfx-float-abi-float.a file that is within the internal project's Middlewares but it still seems to be trying to build from the same pathway within the IDE app's content.

Thank you,

Joe.

Hey Joe,

I am very busy at the moment, but can answer tomorrow in detail. I was just following this thread: Click Me

Maybe this also helps you already.

Let me know if you need more details, I will reply tomorrow morning.

Best,

Jonathan

0693W00000D0JtHQAV.pngi went through the link. It was indicating G++ linker. But i had gcc linker in settings. Really cannot understand what to change there.

in linker script: ${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/STM32H743IITX_FLASH.ld}

MHaji.1
Associate III

Romain Dieleman (ST Employee)

Hi, I have real problem with new TouchGFX , in Keil area. I'm using stm32H743, and my program stuck in touchgfx init function with hard fault ....

Tuoman
Senior II

I'm extremely disappointed on your priorities. You literally cannot add features in TouchGFX that span across multiple Screens, and yet you spend time to redesign perfectly fine UI and add useless light&dark themes?

You expect us to maintain copy&pasted code in 100+ views that cannot share functionality, or start hacking the library?

6 months ago you promised to deliver BaseViews:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000003NieG/example-grouping-of-views-with-common-functionality

Ridiculous. It is just a inherited class, and you cannot deliver it in 6 months, while you work on light&dark themes.

MHaji.1
Associate III

Hi, I have same problems too, after 2 month not only my issues not solved, but also my whole system on Keil environment, hangs on TouchGFX_init() function and after 3 days no one even answer me what can I do.... now I have to degrade version and back to old one to have my last status .... it is really funny!

YSN
Senior

That's good news, @Romain DIELEMAN​ Last year we struggled lot to get dual core MCU running with touchgfx

But Touchgfx 4.17 is now having dual core support for STM32H745.

But could not get any application template in the touchgfx designer files. When it is planned to release Application template as well for

STM32H745I-DISCO boards ?