cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there so little training and examples on TouchGfx !!!!

JHERI
Senior

Hi Guys

How on earth does ST expect anyone to use, learn and embrace their products when there seem to be so little help , videos training??

TouchGFX is appalling for step by step examples, YES it's free, but no value to engineers if you have no idea or can't understand Toucgfx  

I have been days traying to create an event  from a custom container with a toggle switch

under the container I have created an event for a toggle button

I have called the container panel which holds the toggle button and event

under generated gui I see the generated event handler

I then want to copy that event handler in to panel.cpp and create a new event for a custom container

The compiler just errors every time ????? I ready to lunch the PC 

There must be a better easier way than touch GFX, im sure its great if you know what on earth you are doing

14 REPLIES 14
MM..1
Chief II

I mean here is all or 80% what you need TouchGFX Documentation | TouchGFX Documentation

I disagree with the 80%. The majority of the documentation is auto-generated. Look at their API documentation and see if you can figure out how to use a particular class from it. Some yes, most no. For example, how do you use the Gradient class? 

I simply think Touchgfx is great program and design tool, but very little time and effort has been giving to good structured training and examples. You need an online training cource to teach you and show you the way with every aspect of touchgfx, you can't be bumming arround for three days trying to get a button click event in a custom container!!

Its clear the program has great potential, shame about the lack of examples and guides, there needs to be 100s and 100s of Easy Step By Step examples, clearly showing every stage, so the engineer can understand and get it!!

Thats if you have not launched the PC first out of anger from the compiler errors that make no sense

JHERI
Senior

this type of page is so unhelpful ???

There should be 5 or 6 examples at the bottom showing how the click listner works ????/

the pages really mean nothing to me, very dificult to understand and no help at all >???

JHERI_0-1695111058796.pngJHERI_1-1695111121730.png

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hello.

You dont need to make buttonCallbackHandler by yourself to panel-class. Just add ev and JIMJIM- functions to panel class. Tgfx generates calls to those automatically to the panelbase- class. You found empty declations in panelbase.hpp file for those functions, just copy/modify those to the panel.hpp/.cpp

There is also example about simple button operation. Open tgfx designer and select examples on the left menu. I guess these examples are good way to learn how to use different widgets. You can select simulator as  target board if you just want to test different examples.

Hope you get forward, and ask more if needed.

Br J.T