cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen on board with TouchGFX, but runs on another board - where to check ?

bully
Senior

Hello,

I have a strange problem and would kindly ask for some hints of more experienced users where to start checking the code...

We have TouchGFX project on custom board. We currently have only two boards (so could be HW problem). On one board GUI runs without problems, on second same board, it shows white screen.

What is interesting that more simple demo with TouchGFX works on second board, full blown GUI shows white screen, but works on first board...

Is there maybe some logical reason for this behaviour, so I can start checking?

What is you first thought?

My idea is external flash, but why would simple demo with two buttons work - beecause buttons are not stored in external flash ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

4 REPLIES 4
HP
Senior III

it COULD be your flash.

if you take the simple demo and try to put the graphic assets on the external flash - does that work?

are your boards identical?

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

If in the linker file, ExtFlashSection is specified then all the assets (pictures, etc.) will be stored in the external Flash.

Could you try debugging and see if the code stops somewhere ?

/Alexandre

Hi, thanks for response... You're right, I should do more detailed basic test of Flash...

Tick seems to work normal, code stops in there... So it seems like TouchGFX is running normal...