cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Screen error with STM32F429I-DISC1

HectorV
Associate II

Hi all,

I am working on a project that involves the STM32F429I-DISC1 (The blue one) with TouchGFX. I am trying to control two on screen buttons labeled ON and OFF that turn on pin G13 on the microcontroller board. I first used TouchGFX to create the screen elements, then I used CubeMX to make GPIOG Pin 13 an output, then I use CubeIDE to add in code. When I add in the required code and run the debugger (green play button) I end up getting a white screen on the LCD. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have attached pictures and the code that I added in. Any help is appreciated. I am also following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrx6iqOaGvY&t=613s

mainView.cpp:

#include <gui/main_screen/mainView.hpp>
#include "stm32f4xx_hal.h"

mainView::mainView()
{

}

void mainView::setupScreen()
{
    mainViewBase::setupScreen();
}

void mainView::tearDownScreen()
{
    mainViewBase::tearDownScreen();
}

void mainView::LED_ON()
{
HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOG, GPIO_PIN_13, GPIO_PIN_SET);
}

void mainView::LED_OFF()
{
HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOG, GPIO_PIN_13, GPIO_PIN_RESET);
}

mainView.hpp:

#ifndef MAINVIEW_HPP
#define MAINVIEW_HPP

#include <gui_generated/main_screen/mainViewBase.hpp>
#include <gui/main_screen/mainPresenter.hpp>

class mainView : public mainViewBase
{
public:
mainView();
virtual ~mainView() {}
virtual void setupScreen();
virtual void tearDownScreen();
virtual void LED_ON();
virtual void LED_OFF();
protected:
};

#endif // MAINVIEW_HPP

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @HectorV,

There are several points to check:

Make sure that you are using USB cables for communicate data (not just for charging).

Check Idd jumper. Check DRAM initialization/configuration.

Have you enabled LTDC global interrupt and IRQ?

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
HectorV
Associate II

Thank you for the reply. I am new to STM32 so there is still a lot of stuff I don't know about so please bear with me. Here is what I have. I have tried two different usb cables and I get the same white screen. By the way, the demos on touchGFX work on my board. Please let me know if you see anything wrong on my options. I have attached pictures below.

IRQ.pngLTDC.pngSDRAM.pngldd.jpgUSB.jpg

MM..1
Chief II

Your ide steps 1.TGFX 2.CubeMX is as idea ok , but most time dont work. Using MX over TGFX projects corrupt allmost func. I mean after create TGFX your display work and buttons LED ON OFF is showed ok?

When I first created the TouchGFX and connected it to my board via the run target button, my project did show on my board. Now when I try to do that the screen is white. I think like you said by using MX it corrupted my project. So how would I be able to do my project? I am trying to create two buttons with TouchGFX, labled LED ON and LED OFF. By pushing LED ON the user led PIN G13 turns on and by pressing LED OFF the user led PIN G13 turns off. How do you recommend I go about this?

Exist two ways: 1. Backup working TGFX project before use MX to config somethink and after generate code compare and analyse what is corrupted.

2. Real work method for any custom board or project , start project clean from MX or IDE not from TGFX. TGFX is added as software component and need configure and manage .... This projects can be reconfigured in MX...

Thank you. I will try this.