cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of the Middlewares touchgfx_backup directory?

scottSD
Senior III

This was created after saying "Yes" to the following question:

0693W000004IYxxQAG.png

I assume it is so one doesn't lose any modifications made to the framework or other files?

Do I need to maintain this directory?

18 REPLIES 18

I'm having the same problem (the new identifier) but your second fix didn't work on my Mac. I found the db folder in Resources, then the MCU folder and the IP folder and replaced those files with the new ones you provided. I then had CubeMX regenerate code but it did not get rid of that extra identifier.

Thanks

Have you tried the first fix ?

/Alexandre

No. The second fix seemed like the better idea because it will prevent the problem from happening in new projects.

@Alexandre RENOUX​ 

I just ran into this issue with adding another layer to the LTDC. TouchGFX doesn't appear to like that.....

0693W0000059lUlQAI.png

Indeed, TouchGFX only uses Layer 0 so it does not want you to use the second layer ^^

/Alexandre

So am I supposed to NOT use solution #1 in your post above:

• In CubeMX you can add manually the second layer and set everything to 0, especially the FB Start Address because this is the part that impacts the application.

When I do this, TouchGFX Generate complains. I generated CubeMX anyways.

It complains but this should not impact the code generation.

Sorry for not being clear enough.

/Alexandre

Hi Scott,

There's no "Warning" option when developing CubeMX additional software packs, so i had to create something that is mostly reminiscent of an error. It's just a warning to show you that Layer2 is not used by TouchGFX. You can still use it for anything you want.

Get me up to speed on any other issues you're having, if you want.

/Martin

@Alexandre RENOUX​  and @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Thanks for the clarifications. I will proceed with the new tools.