cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX build errors

BobWalance
Associate III

I am using STM32CubeIDE 1.13.2 in Windows 11 and am trying to install TouchGFX.4.22.0 and its "Graphic Application" for a STM32H727i-DISCO board.

The project is newly created and there are 14 errors that I need help fixing.

As requested by the IDE, CRC was configured and activated before adding X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX.

Here are the errors. The .hpp files do appear on the same drive that CubeIDE and the project are on, but the IDE can't find them.

fatal error: platform/driver/touch/TouchController.hpp: No such file or directory
fatal error: texts/TypedTextDatabase.hpp: No such file or directory
fatal error: touchgfx/hal/BlitOp.hpp: No such file or directory
fatal error: touchgfx/hal/GPIO.hpp: No such file or directory
fatal error: touchgfx/hal/HAL.hpp: No such file or directory
fatal error: touchgfx/hal/HAL.hpp: No such file or directory
make: *** [TouchGFX/target/generated/subdir.mk:28: TouchGFX/target/generated/OSWrappers.o] Error 1
make: *** [TouchGFX/target/generated/subdir.mk:28: TouchGFX/target/generated/STM32DMA.o] Error 1
make: *** [TouchGFX/target/generated/subdir.mk:28: TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXConfiguration.o] Error 1
make: *** [TouchGFX/target/generated/subdir.mk:28: TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.o] Error 1
make: *** [TouchGFX/target/subdir.mk:25: TouchGFX/target/STM32TouchController.o] Error 1
make: *** [TouchGFX/target/subdir.mk:25: TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXGPIO.o] Error 1
make: *** [TouchGFX/target/subdir.mk:25: TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

For the first three errors, these are the #includes statements from their respective files:

#include <platform/driver/touch/TouchController.hpp>

#include <texts/TypedTextDatabase.hpp>

#include <touchgfx/hal/BlitOp.hpp>

Does anyone have any idea why the IDE cannot find these files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @BobWalance,

Did you generate code both in STM32CubeMX and TouchGFX Designer ?

For TouchGFX introduction, you can check the articles of the documentation.

Those links could also be useful :

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @BobWalance,

Did you generate code both in STM32CubeMX and TouchGFX Designer ?

For TouchGFX introduction, you can check the articles of the documentation.

Those links could also be useful :

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

@Yoann KLEIN , I will take a look at that. I'd like to eventually get it working. However, for now I've switched to an external Nextion LCD. It's relatively much simpler to get working, and its capabilities are sufficient for my project. Thanks for your help.

@Yoann KLEIN , yes, I watched an ST tutorial for the TouchGFX Designer and downloaded v4.22. It took about 2 minutes to get an image displayed on my STM32H747i-DISCO board. Wow, that was much easier than trying to get it working with CubeIDE.

I will attempt to get the H747's display to do what I need because the Nextion lcd is painfully slow in drawing 800 line segments, although it is fun to watch. Attached is a picture of the Nextion after it has completed one rendering of the FFT.

Hi,

I tried to follow several STmicro TouchGFX tutorial on youtube, which all started straight from TouchGFX Designer, create the code, and then add backend and interactions in CubeIDE.  So am I correct that I should actually start from CubeMX to do the board selection and configuration first, before starting TouchGFX Designer?

Thanks!

Benjamin

No and yes is based on your requirments. But as Bob writes, more quick is start from TouchGFX new project for original ready eval/disco board with original diplays. Other ways is for custom boards and custom displays...

BSam.1
Associate II

Hi, Chief,

Thanks for the clarification.  Yes, I found it very easy to start with TouchGFX to create the GUI on the -DISCO or DK boards with built-in displays also.  My struggle was more with adding the additional controls and communication afterwards in CubeMX and CubeIDE.

Benjamin