cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The swipe GUI show delay.

YCF.1
Associate III

I download code on MCU internal rom swipe GUI show is good(video : Ok.zip ).

But I download code on external QSPI flash swipe GUI show is delay (video : Bad.zip).

QSPI flash work clock on 100MHz.

Why code on external QSPI flash can not work good like MCU internal rom ?

0693W00000LxnV0QAJ.png 

Thank you & Best regards.

6 REPLIES 6
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello YCF.1,

Internal memory will always provide the best performance. The problem you might have is your clock which is too low. My advise would be to increase the clock. You can also try to reduce the speed of your swipe, through code. Else, you can try to reduce the size of your swipe container to have less change on the framebuffer when you swipe. More your swipe container size is big, more you'll have theses kind of "delays".

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
wired
Senior III

I'm not sure what processor you are using, but on my STM32F469i-DISCO board, which uses QSPI, I have my system clock at 180 MHz, but I lowered my AHB Prescaler to /4, giving me a 45 MHz HCLK. For me, this reduced power significantly while only slightly compromising GUI performance. I have full-screen swipe transitions that are acceptably responsive.

YCF.1
Associate III

Hi!

I use MCU STM32H743BIT6. The HCLK use 100 MHz, but don't add external SDRAM.

If don't use external SDRAM on your STM32F469i-DISCO board that swipe is ok?

Hi! Oskt.

I try to run example on EVM STM32H750B-DK by external flash that swipe is good.

The EVM external flash HCLK run on 50MHz, but I use external flash HCLK run on 100MHz.

what I don't know main issue?

Sorry, YCF.1, setting up a system to perform that test would take much more time than I have available. The SDRAM is too integrated into my system.

YCF.1
Associate III

Hi! wired.

I know, thank and best regards.