cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Area alignment change

BhavyaSri
Associate II

How to change the alignment of textarea from the default style set in touchgfx designer?

In touchgfx designer(Version:4.21.3) I have set to Left alignment. I use this textarea for multiple purposes, for few I need to set to Left alignment and for few I need to set to Right alignment. I tried using ' textArea.setTextAlignment(TEXT_ALIGNMENT_RIGHT);'  but it says set alignment is not a member.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BhavyaSri 

I use TextAreaWithOneWildcard

// T_ALIGN_LEFT, T_ALIGN_CENTER, T_ALIGN_RIGHT Ids text is "<>" with different alignment
// T_TEXT_MULTIALIGN holds the text to dispaly and alignment does not matter

TextAreaWithOneWildcard::setTypedText ( touchgfx::TypedText ( T_ALIGN_CENTER    )            ); 
TextAreaWithOneWildcard::setWildcard  ( touchgfx::TypedText ( T_TEXT_MULTIALIGN ).getText () );
TextAreaWithOneWildcard::invalidate   ();

Example:

ferro_0-1720463890528.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @BhavyaSri ,

I have not seen a method called "setTextAlignment' in the textArea API. 

You could try the method resizeToCurrentTextWithAlignment().
I think you should set the alignment directly from Designer instead of code.

If this comment solves your problem, I invite you to select it as "best answer".

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

Thanks for your reply!

I cannot use from designer as I use Same textarea for multiple applications. Some of them need it to be right justified and some of them need it to be Left Justified. I have default set it as Left justified in designer, however for some cases I want to change that to Right justified via code.

Regards,

Bhavya

Hi @BhavyaSri 

I use TextAreaWithOneWildcard

// T_ALIGN_LEFT, T_ALIGN_CENTER, T_ALIGN_RIGHT Ids text is "<>" with different alignment
// T_TEXT_MULTIALIGN holds the text to dispaly and alignment does not matter

TextAreaWithOneWildcard::setTypedText ( touchgfx::TypedText ( T_ALIGN_CENTER    )            ); 
TextAreaWithOneWildcard::setWildcard  ( touchgfx::TypedText ( T_TEXT_MULTIALIGN ).getText () );
TextAreaWithOneWildcard::invalidate   ();

Example:

ferro_0-1720463890528.png

ferro
Senior II

@BhavyaSri 

Attached is Gfx project with extension .pdf - rename it to .zip. Forum does not allow me to attach file with .zip. Strange as I see .zip files shared here.

ferro_0-1720450432559.png

Hi @GaetanGodart

Do you know why my .zip file attachments are refused by forum ? Thanks.

ferro_1-1720450675466.png

BhavyaSri
Associate II

Hi @ferro ,

I'm not able to see .pdf also. I'm able to see only image.

Also, just to add more details to my query:

1. I used textArea1 text field and enabled it as WildCard Buffer is designer.

2. I use 'Unicode::strncpy(textArea1Buffer,textfieldval, TEXTAREA1_SIZE);' in code and this 'textfieldval' will be changed based on microcontroller output.

Please let me know if additional details are required.

Hello @ferro ,

The ".zip" extension is not supported. Most people use the ".7z" extension to share their files.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

One simple fix would be to have 2 textAreas. one aligned left and one aligned right and just show the one you need at the time.

But Ferro's solution might be better and cleaner.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

Thanks @GaetanGodart , I see. I saw shared .zip on 'share your widget' thread but that was 2022, it's changed since then.

ferro_0-1720453303510.png