cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U5G9J-DK1 ECCN restriction

Mon2
Senior III

Hello. Good or bad, we must be the first customer for Digikey to purchase the STM32U5G9J-DK1. This order has been stuck at Digikey for the past 2 days without communication from their side. DK service is really going downhill these days and often cannot deliver for the next business day. After we contacted them for an update - first chat was that the 'order is under review'. Next chat we initiated is that the order is under review and is due to the ECCN restrictions. Seriously? We are not in Russia nor China although I am confident that they would receive these parts before we do here in Canada at a lower resale.

Can you assist? Should we cancel and source from Mouser? Otherwise we can buy it in China from our many brokers that can always source parts for a fraction of what we pay here in North America.

Your salesorder number is 84778143 for your PO# 01042024.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm in the CONUS and I think over the last couple of years I've have to provide paper work to all the major distributors about the final destination of DISCO, NUCLEO, and other boards whenever there is crypto involved. They are just doing the government's bidding related to "know your customer" type legislation passed all over the world. And then at the same time mandating everything is locked down and secure.

There should be forms you can fill in and fax to the distributor.

Yes, and the irony is not lost that I can often get things directly out of China with less paperwork, taxes, and shipping.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I'm in the CONUS and I think over the last couple of years I've have to provide paper work to all the major distributors about the final destination of DISCO, NUCLEO, and other boards whenever there is crypto involved. They are just doing the government's bidding related to "know your customer" type legislation passed all over the world. And then at the same time mandating everything is locked down and secure.

There should be forms you can fill in and fax to the distributor.

Yes, and the irony is not lost that I can often get things directly out of China with less paperwork, taxes, and shipping.

Mon2
Senior III

Well noted. Will wait for their forms. Irony is that we do supply all the major groups including US Navy, aerospace, military, airlines and medical firms. This kit is purely to evaluate the vector graphics for a consumer widget. Appreciate your comments.

Mon2
Senior III

I think this is a DK gimp up as I was reminded that we purchased the

STM32U5A9J-DK

from Mouser in June without any issues. Being the STMU5A9 core, it too offers security / encryption.

Mon2
Senior III

Still stuck @ DK. Just phoned them and the contact who handles the ECCN locks will not answer phone calls. Customer service stated the same - if Mouser offers the kit without delays, we should consider to shift the order to Mouser and cancel this one. Waiting on Mouser to confirm the position of this tool.

I pinged my rep at DigiKey

The ST eStore fulfills through Mouser. Directly from Mouser you'll also likely need a fax declaration on end-use

Mon2
Senior III

Well noted. DK just phoned to inform us that the manager is reviewing the case and will be in contact with ST for more details. No firm ETA as to when the shipment will be released. We do not recall any of these delays with the purchase of the STM32U5A9J-DK from Mouser. Respectively, checking with Mouser to see if they can push a kit out of the door tonight. Whomever does, gets the order 🙂

TDJ
Senior III

@Mon2 I had the same problem so I did some research. It is a standard procedure while Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) restriction have been tighten since Nov 2023. On the first shipment to a given country distributor must obtain an export license/permission. Details are publicly available here::
https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulations-docs/2334-ccl3-8/file

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulations-docs/federal-register-notices/federal-register-2014/1033-738-supp-1/file